Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship Playoff final - who do you want to win?

Who do you want to win the Championship Playoff Final?

• Fulham

Votes: 295 88.1%
  • Aston Villa

Votes: 14 4.2%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 26 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Gareth Barry/John Gregory

There are more recent reasons to dislike them:

- Nicking our assistant manager shortly before playing them behind Chris's back, presumably to try and kickstart some kind of Albion decline so they could rocket up the table and take our automatic. Went well - we were promoted, they finished 13th.
- Watching Bruce stating they 'got their man' on TV after the game. I doubt if he gave a **** what AM they hired, as far as I know they had never worked together before, just wanted to disrupt us.
- Albert 'honks his horn' Adomah plays for them, a truly grotesque individual who seems destined for the chop at every club he gets promoted with.
- Refusing to grant us any more than 2700 tickets to celebrate promotion (and potential trophy) despite us giving them 3k+ when they visited and despite them having an empty stand.
- Behaviour of their fans on the last day of the season as if they had just won the league by stopping us lifting the trophy via a mishit bobbler that somehow made it's way past Stockdale. Surprised there wasn't a pitch invasion to be honest.
- Stan Collymore

& John Terry & Steve Bruce, obviously...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It’s a massive no brainier. Fulham all the way.

But that said I’d still rather have Villa over the two that went out. So win win really.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There's a lot of Fulham drinking in Uxbridge and Ruislip tomorrow although shamefully Wealdstone FC are trying to attract Villa fans. I used to watch Ruislip Manor at the ground Wealdstone play at now. The Manor wore the same kit as Fulham so it was a no-brainer. They're probably owned by a Brentford fan now.

Have just seen a few types walking put the West End Rd, heading for the Wealdstone bar.
Give away is their fancy dress of purple and shouting "aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwrrrrriiiiitttttttttt" at cars, quite disturbing really :lolol:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I like the look of Fulham to win with both teams to score @ 5/1.

This game will need an early goal, preferably by Fulham and both teams have enough attacking talent to make it a great match.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Fulham. For all the reasons above but mainly John Terry, "massive club" knobhead fans, John Terry, Stan Collymore and John Terry.

I wonder if David Cameron will be watching "his team", oh no that was West Ham......or was it?

**** Villa.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I’m really looking forward to see the comparison between Cairney & Grealish today. Based on the play-off games I was really impressed with Grealish more so than Cairney. But want Fulham to win all day long for the reasons everyone else has already stated.

theboybilly

I don't mind either way. Plenty of decent pubs in Birmingham too and it's easier to get to than a lot of away grounds. Fulham is a nice day out too mind. I can sit back with a beer all weekend happy that I don't mind which team wins in any of the four main fixtures.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Don't think I'm goin to watch it so....
90minutes 0-0. Injury time gives away penalty and booked. Penalty scored Terry throws his toys out of the pram and gets a straight red for dissent/ assault. Walks off in tears. Never plays in this country again and whenever he's seen in public people point at him and laugh. For the rest of his miserable life.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Villa, because they will need to seriously rebuild to be competitive and I have a very old friend who's a Villa fan.

Fulham because it's a closer/nicer away day and because John Terry doesn't play for them.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I went with Fulham for the obvious reasons with it being a good day out. But Villa will be the weaker PL side, I think, if they were to be promoted.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I want a Villa win. I think Fulham, with their adventurous style, could be a bit like Bournemouth - score quite a few goals, concede a lot but win enough games to finish 10th-14th.

Villa are an ageing side - especially in defence and midfield - and would struggle in the bottom 5/6 next season unless they have a major overhaul. They've often struggled away from home in the championship the last two seasons so that does not augur well for the PL.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I want a Villa win. I think Fulham, with their adventurous style, could be a bit like Bournemouth - score quite a few goals, concede a lot but win enough games to finish 10th-14th.

Villa are an ageing side - especially in defence and midfield - and would struggle in the bottom 5/6 next season unless they have a major overhaul. They've often struggled away from home in the championship the last two seasons so that does not augur well for the PL.

Yep, Villa for me too for the same reasons.

Also, hasnt the Fulham owner just tried to buy Wembley: obviously not short of a few quid.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Villa win for me,just to brighten up Steve Bruce's life a bit after a bad year for him.After that,it's back to S*** on the Villa!

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
My memory is terrible but I'm sure there is a 20ish year old reason to bear a grudge against Villa. I'm sure it was money related when we were broke.

I believe when we sold Gareth Barry to Villa there was a clause in the contract that after he had played x number of first team games they had to pay us £250k, which they disputed when it was triggered.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I shall be watching the game on my stream. I have about half a kilogram of data to use before 11pm, so I may as well use it up by watching something.
Couldn't really give a flying one who wins, but would not complain too much if Fulham got it.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Voted don't care. Then remembered Stan ****ing Collymore. Fulham for me.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Fulham need the win more in my eyes. If they don't go up today then their stars will be off and no parachute payments left.

Although they will get good fees for their stars.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here