Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What on earth can we or anybody else anywhere do but keep on keeping on with everyday lives? What's the alternative?

Bit crap on the lunchtime news tho, has to be said, to have some random French bloke giving out more info on Manchester suspect than our lot gave out. and the BBC reporting and translating same. SAKE! Why are the BBC always JCL?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What on earth can we or anybody else anywhere do but keep on keeping on with everyday lives? What's the alternative?

Bit crap on the lunchtime news tho, has to be said, to have some random French bloke giving out more info on Manchester suspect than our lot gave out. and the BBC reporting and translating same. SAKE! Why are the BBC always JCL?

The police wanted the info kept quiet whilst they're trying to find any accomplices. The Yanks were the first to name the suicide bomber. Naming him gave others a chance to go to ground.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I agree re vigilance and being alert but it could, feasibly, get to a point where profiling starts to happen.

Small group of dark-skinned men wearing backpacks chatting together before going their separate ways? Could be any number of things yet some people in society would view that as suspicious and, wanting to be vigilant, would report it. It's tough and it's genuinely distressing that we live in a world where those sorts of thoughts can be entertained.

Also distressing, for me, is the sight of soldiers outside Parliament. A crazy world we live in right now.

Don't you remember the same 10 years ago following the 7/7 bombings? We went to Le Havre the next day, with armed police/soldiers at the Portsmouth ferry.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The police wanted the info kept quiet whilst they're trying to find any accomplices. The Yanks were the first to name the suicide bomber. Naming him gave others a chance to go to ground.

I'm pretty sure the bad guy's accomplices / the network he may be in knew what he'd done the same time we heard about the incident on Monday night, if not well before. They're pretty unlikely to have been sitting down watching the news whilst thinking "Oh, I wonder who that could have been?"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just one or more cruel dysfunctional c*nts targeting innocent kids in the end. Hope the 57 virgins they've been promised in enernity kick them in the nuts for all etwrnity,

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
They originally announced who the killer was whilst our security services were trying to keep it quiet during investigations. Amber Rudd said that was dissapointing.

However, despite the warning from Rudd the US authorities have just confirmed that Salman Abdi's dad warned our security services that he was dangerous.

I mean is that helpful? Why are they leaking all this information to the press during an on-going investigation.

I am guessing this leak has nothing to do with Trump this time? Sounds like it came out via the CIA or something?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Profiling.... really. Men with backpacks suspicious really?!!! I'm glad you don't work for the police or security services. As for armed forces.. we've been at critical before so nothing new.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm pretty sure the bad guy's accomplices / the network he may be in knew what he'd done the same time we heard about the incident on Monday night, if not well before. They're pretty unlikely to have been sitting down watching the news whilst thinking "Oh, I wonder who that could have been?"

Your sarcasm doesn't do you any credit.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Just one or more cruel dysfunctional c*nts targeting innocent kids in the end. Hope the 57 virgins they've been promised in enernity kick them in the nuts for all etwrnity,

I believe it was Family Guy who did a cut away where the "virgins" were all men in their mid 40's playing games on their computer.

That would be good.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Your sarcasm doesn't do you any credit.

It's not sarcasm. If this chap is part of a wider group, they'd have known in advance about what he was doing, when and how.

I have incredible respect for the security services' amazing work, and I don't doubt they had very good reason(s), but I'm struggling to believe that keeping the chap's name out of the public domain would have meant his group would have changed their behaviours.

It's not really worth debating anyway. Our lot wanted to keep things quiet and the Americans stuffed it up for them. That lack of co-operation can't be a good thing.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Don't you remember the same 10 years ago following the 7/7 bombings? We went to Le Havre the next day, with armed police/soldiers at the Portsmouth ferry.

Yeah of course. I'm not sure why but something about the sight of soldiers on our streets hits me in a very primal way, a real kick to the senses. It's actually quite the same feeling I get in airports when I see armed officers patrolling. Or when I'm abroad and see armed officers. Maybe I just don't like the sight of guns.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
tnbb.jpeg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's not sarcasm. If this chap is part of a wider group, they'd have known in advance about what he was doing, when and how.

Not just them. The media undoubtedly descend on addresses of interest too, when names get out.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Rightly so that men with beards or muslims will fall under the spotlight more. That's the nature of the beast.

Here's one of each to keep "under the spotlight". I can probably manage a two-hour shift keeping tabs on them on about 30 occasions over the next year.

IMG_0687.JPGIMG_0688.JPG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If this chap is part of a wider group, they'd have known in advance about what he was doing, when and how.
Total guess work here, but maybe some close to him knew, and others whom he was affiliated with didn't :shrug: Presumably they'd tell as few people as possible, to keep the risk of being stopped to a minimum.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here