Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I always thought he was a bit arrogant and self important but apparently he was one of the ones who supported that Doctor to the hilt over her sacking so based on that I grew to like him a bit better

That's not all they did to the hilt.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've no problem with Terry ..but all that could have been done before the match ..perhaps he should have worn shirt number zero

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The whole thing was HORRIBLE. It was agreed with Moyes before that the ball would be kicked out on that minute and then to form a guard of honour during a competitive game is MEGA-CRINGE (as no one said, ever).

I can't get the whole "he was so loyal". It's not like he was Matt Le Tissier who stayed at a team WELL below the pay structure and quality which he could have achieved. He was being paid top dollar to play for a team under world class managers with world class player.

Organising a guard of honour for yourself is the perfect end to the John Terry/Chelsea years. Completely sums it up. Lovely bloke.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This. He might be a total **** but he has been unbelievable for them. He's been the main consistent in the Abramovich years, and he's the only one that came through the ranks, and ended up as a Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup winning England captain. Average footballer, yeah OK then. Of course he's going to get a big send off. I actually think he's underrated rather than overrated anyway.

I really hope we don't sign him though.

All of this.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Do you not think, with match fixing a spectre in the background, meaningless fixture or not, that 2 teams colluding to ensure the ball is out on 26mins is incredibly stupid? I'm not disputing he shouldn't be honoured - but in the middle of a match!? Not for me. Before or after, fine. Not during.

I didn't actually know they did this until your post. So yes, that is ridiculous. My original post was in response to somebody saying he was an average footballer.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you not think, with match fixing a spectre in the background, meaningless fixture or not, that 2 teams colluding to ensure the ball is out on 26mins is incredibly stupid? I'm not disputing he shouldn't be honoured - but in the middle of a match!? Not for me. Before or after, fine. Not during.

There was no need for collusion as a Chelsea player could have kicked the ball of of a Sunderland player to thus get the throw in then proceeded to do what they did as they had the ball. A possible yellow card for somebody but would that have mattered.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Weird thread! He's been at Chelsea for his whole career with over 500 appearances, 5 league titles, 5 cups and 2 European trophies. Most of that as club captain.

You might not like the individual but to say he's an average footballer is just mental. He's had an exceptional career and history will show him as a Chelsea great, possibly THE Chelsea great.
meanwhile the here and now shows him as being a c***

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There was no need for collusion as a Chelsea player could have kicked the ball of of a Sunderland player to thus get the throw in then proceeded to do what they did as they had the ball. A possible yellow card for somebody but would that have mattered.

The fact is they did arrange it before the game and the Sunderland keeper kicked it out.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This. He might be a total **** but he has been unbelievable for them. He's been the main consistent in the Abramovich years, and he's the only one that came through the ranks, and ended up as a Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup winning England captain. Average footballer, yeah OK then. Of course he's going to get a big send off. I actually think he's underrated rather than overrated anyway.

I really hope we don't sign him though.

This, basically.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
"Today is without doubt one of the most difficult of my life!"

JT you do have a selective memory don't you!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This, basically.

Agree ,certainly not a Chelsea or Terry fan but anyone who has under estimated his contribution to Chelsea have not been watching football. Maybe not as talented as many but puts his heart into the game at a level few match (very much like our own Lewis Dunk). The whole hype on the day is really just another example of the media circus that surrounds the PL, it has become theatre as that is what sells to the TV audience. Regards his personal life probably no different to a lot of people , footballers are no different but because of their wealth have a lot more opportunities. No i would not have him at the Amex now but would have 2 years ago.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Whoever does the subtitles for BBC Breakfast doesn't like JT. (should have been defenders)

[tweet]866574811803389952[/tweet]

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Got paid handsomely for an average player with a certain amount of baggage.

Absolute bollocks. Loathe and abide chelski but he's the best CB we've had since Adams. Couldn't give a **** what he gets up to off the pitch to be honest, all I know is this 'baggage' caused a ridiculous media circus and forced him into international retirement leaving us with the likes of Chris Smalling and Jags:facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here