Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lucas Leiva

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
i would be surprised if we were after him. On a shedload of money and I think we'll look at more 'unknown' players. How would the mirror know anyway?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sigh

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Do think Hughton will be bringing in 3 or 4 players who have premiership experience this window and a strong and stable DM brought in would give a lot more options formation wise.

Personally think Lucas Leiva would be a good option, but the big stumbling block would be wages. Would definitely prefer him over Jan Kirchoff or Youssouf Mulumbu who also have their contracts expiring soon.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I thought he was older than 30! seems to have been around for ages.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
shirley only being suggested because he's out of contract?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Do think Hughton will be bringing in 3 or 4 players who have premiership experience this window and a strong and stable DM brought in would give a lot more options formation wise.

Personally think Lucas Leiva would be a good option, but the big stumbling block would be wages. Would definitely prefer him over Jan Kirchoff or Youssouf Mulumbu who also have their contracts expiring soon.

Nope, I think Mr Hughton will bring in 3 or 4 players who play football???
Sorry, had to be done. i'm taking up a pedant disposition during all the speculation linking us with out of contract players. I even heard palace are waiting to pounce for Stockdale who is out of contract this summer:shrug:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

A signing on fee would ease his wages demands, and he would definitely improve our starting eleven.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I rubbished this before due to his £3.5m a year wage in order to go to Turkey! There have also been major rumours about him returning to his home town club Gremio but he's simply far to good for that.
The prospect of sunny Brighton would keep his family happy and he could probably get a decent length of contract with us.
Make no doubt about it Lucas would be a step up in class to what we have now at DM and can cover at CB if required. He was never quick but a great brain.
Personally after 10 years on Merseyside and his very close relationship with Coutinho I'm not sure LFC won't offer him another contract in order to make sure Cou is not lured by Barca.
Honorary Scouser, very underrated player at the top level.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I rubbished this before due to his £3.5m a year wage in order to go to Turkey! There have also been major rumours about him returning to his home town club Gremio but he's simply far to good for that.
The prospect of sunny Brighton would keep his family happy and he could probably get a decent length of contract with us.
Make no doubt about it Lucas would be a step up in class to what we have now at DM and can cover at CB if required. He was never quick but a great brain.
Personally after 10 years on Merseyside and his very close relationship with Coutinho I'm not sure LFC won't offer him another contract in order to make sure Cou is not lured by
Barca.
Honorary Scouser, very underrated player at the top level.

Totally agree Scouse, we can only dream, I am afraid. Always rated him highly and Liverpool fans used to get on his back a few years ago, never understood why, but they see more of him than I do. I suspect this is agent talk to get him a better contract where he is but ever so slightly hopeful. Nah, it's the hope that kills you!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
At least is vaguely realistic compared to most but yes we'd only be able to afford his wages on a free. I'd like to see it but would be suprised if we pulled it off. The fact it's in the papers means we won't and is just agent talk as not the way we do things.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Almost the perfect type of signing, dynamic, strong character and 10yrs premier league experience. We have got to change our mentality, we are no longer a championship club and whilst I don't want us to throw money around unnecessarily, we have to invest to progress.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here