Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train ticket help

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I bought a return train ticket, anytime day return, from Berkhamsted to Euston and back, for my son and I, as he has to be in London that day for a course.

We picked up the tickets a week ago, and bought a family railcard.

I've just had an email from Trainline:

Hello,

Unfortunately there are no advance tickets available for your journey from Berkhamsted to London Euston.
It is unlikely any will be released for your travel date on 16 August.
There are still great fares to buy from Trainline.com
Kind regards,
Trainline.com

Given that I already have my paper ticket, does this mean we won't be allowed on the train? I simply can't afford to travel in a more expensive way.

Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I bought a return train ticket, anytime day return, from Berkhamsted to Euston and back, for my son and I, as he has to be in London that day for a course.

We picked up the tickets a week ago, and bought a family railcard.

I've just had an email from Trainline:

Hello,

Unfortunately there are no advance tickets available for your journey from Berkhamsted to London Euston.
It is unlikely any will be released for your travel date on 16 August.
There are still great fares to buy from Trainline.com
Kind regards,
Trainline.com

Given that I already have my paper ticket, does this mean we won't be allowed on the train? I simply can't afford to travel in a more expensive way, and as I need to wait in central London until 4pm, driving in isn't really an option.

No, that is bollocks, if you have an anytime return you can catch any train that with no restrictions, maybe it is confused with another ticket or enquiry ? I wouldn't worry you can get any train there and back on the day

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here