Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will it time to start worrying about Russia?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just watching Reggie yates on Russia and it is unbelievable and shocking to watch. (bbc three)

Yeah, saw that a few weeks ago. Admire his bottle, sticking it out to complete the filming. The easy and complete contempt these Russian guys have for anything 'minority' is quite something. Yes, I know not everyone there thinks like this, but can you imagine people in the UK allowing themselves to be filmed in such a way? It means the views are mainstream. It has been many a decade since anyone in the UK has elaborated an eloquent and erudite exposition of their racist or homophobic disposition. We are used to laughable syntax, spelling and scholarship, when we listen to or read the thoughts of people who think 'muslim' is a single entity (etc). Richard Littlejohn is probably the most erudite, and he's just a cheap sloganeer. In Russia, few words need to be said because it seems everyone knows (or secretly suspects) that blacks are monkeys, and homosexuals are paedophiles (etc etc). Anway, we can't change the Russians. But we shouldn't trust the buggers. That is probably my only point.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How about Mehdi Hassan ripping a new one on General Michael Flynn?

https://youtu.be/SG3j8OYKgn4

No RT influence on this but saying the same thing.

Crikey, the American is a complete fool. By the same token, since Hitler was a vegetarian, all vegetarians are Nazis. (I'm a carnivore btw). It worries me when I hear a man of real power flapping around like a Nigel stranded in the North Stand.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Yeah, saw that a few weeks ago. Admire his bottle, sticking it out to complete the filming. The easy and complete contempt these Russian guys have for anything 'minority' is quite something. Yes, I know not everyone there thinks like this, but can you imagine people in the UK allowing themselves to be filmed in such a way? It means the views are mainstream. It has been many a decade since anyone in the UK has elaborated an eloquent and erudite exposition of their racist or homophobic disposition. We are used to laughable syntax, spelling and scholarship, when we listen to or read the thoughts of people who think 'muslim' is a single entity (etc). Richard Littlejohn is probably the most erudite, and he's just a cheap sloganeer. In Russia, few words need to be said because it seems everyone knows (or secretly suspects) that blacks are monkeys, and homosexuals are paedophiles (etc etc). Anway, we can't change the Russians. But we shouldn't trust the buggers. That is probably my only point.

I saw the previous episodes on the Russian stuff, this is some New episodes following on. I just think so much of him for doing these documentary's. I was just in shock of what I was watching and they are teaching young kids how to fight with knifes and the views on foreigners(they used that word) in their country is outrageous. It's worth watching it back on iPlayer. I can't describe it. Sorry about my poor vocabulary

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Crikey, the American is a complete fool. By the same token, since Hitler was a vegetarian, all vegetarians are Nazis. (I'm a carnivore btw). It worries me when I hear a man of real power flapping around like a Nigel stranded in the North Stand.

Indeed. They say if something doesn't make sense it probably isn't true. His thought process and logic is flawed and nothing joins tohether and yet as you say, he is/was a very powerful individual.

Michael T. Flynn is a retired United States Army lieutenant general who served as the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, commander of the Joint Functional Component Command for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance, and chair of the Military Intelligence Board... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_T._Flynn

Yes, very worrying :mad:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw the previous episodes on the Russian stuff, this is some New episodes following on. I just think so much of him for doing these documentary's. I was just in shock of what I was watching and they are teaching young kids how to fight with knifes and the views on foreigners(they used that word) in their country is outrageous. It's worth watching it back on iPlayer. I can't describe it. Sorry about my poor vocabulary

Your vocabulary is succinct. What I would say is this. There is an awful lot of shit in the world. But things change. Slowly, pushed in the right direction by people who try to do so. I am very glad I am English and live in the most developed country in the world. It is important we (who can and feel inclined) suggest and encourage as best we can among people we meet. I appreciate that for various personal reasons there are people close at hand who have a great deal of anger that they find they can direct only by identifying an easy target to shoot at. Time and experience usually lessens this. And as we go on there are fewer people with such issues. It is a long game. Even Russia will eventually emerge from their fog. After all, we English have done so. I remember the 1960s, and 'if you want a ****** for a neighbour, vote labour'. These days its 'if you want a beardy ditherer as a neighbour, vote labour' That's progress. :lolol: Keep smiling.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't really have any issue with AlJazeera. Not kremlin funded so no need to particularly mistrust any view they express on putin's imperialism.

What about American imperialism?

I am far more worried about some nutty American popping up every few years being used as a puppet to fit the predefined agenda of the American regime. I don't really mind Obama but even he has to toe the line on fixed US foreign policy.

Planet Oil, episode 2 on BBC.

If you watch the bit about the key role of the CIA in the 1953 coup which ousted Iran's democratically elected Prime Minister, Mohammad Mossadeq, it will give you an idea of their tactics to overthrow Assad today. They even spread the propaganda lie about Mossadeq being a gay Jew to cause unrest and an uprising to replace him with the Shah. Personally I think that is disgusting to even think of using these terminologies as reasons to hate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...e-treasure-that-conquered-the-world-episode-2

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They were repeats from last year I think, I too was shocked at how much hate they have.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What about American imperialism?

I am far more worried about some nutty American popping up every few years being used as a puppet to fit the predefined agenda of the American regime. I don't really mind Obama but even he has to toe the line on fixed US foreign policy.

Planet Oil, episode 2 on BBC.

If you watch the bit about the key role of the CIA in the 1953 coup which ousted Iran's democratically elected Prime Minister, Mohammad Mossadeq, it will give you an idea of their tactics to overthrow Assad today. They even spread the propaganda lie about Mossadeq being a gay Jew to cause unrest and an uprising to replace him with the Shah. Personally I think that is disgusting to even think of using these terminologies as reasons to hate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...e-treasure-that-conquered-the-world-episode-2
I don't have much of a view on american imperialism, but I'll look into it at some point.

Putin basically has 2 goals at the moment - breaking up the EU and NATO, and boosting Russian oil/gas revenues.

His intervention in Syria blocks a potential gas pipeline from Qatar to Europe, protecting Russia as a supply of European gas. This is why he funds anti-fracking movements, by the way. Also, the more conflict in the region, the higher upward pressure on oil/gas price.

Putin is a kleptocrat who is stealing from the russian nation. He has to stay in power at all costs, and to stay in power costs him a lot of money to keep everyone on side. Russia had massive currency reserves but are getting through that at a phenomenal rate, and will run out at some point.

So for Putin, it is all about raising the price and protecting the market share of Russian Oil and Gas.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just been on my dedicated phone line to him, but the only info I got out of him is that he is soon to change the Russian national anthem to “Vlad all over”.
From now on, when he gives public speeches, the announcer will introduce him as Vladimir, and the crowd have to shout 'Putin!'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here