Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You say daft i say hypocritical.

Sorry to intervene but just because one believes in freedom of movement across the similarly-minded and governed nations of the European Union surely doesn't mean that, to avoid a charge of being hypocritical, you should demand it be extended to every corner of the world, including, presumably, Helmand province and North Korea. That truly is a 'daft' position to take, whether or not you believe in FoM in Europe.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don't quite know why you're getting so agitated,it's only a proposal,with the BBC pulling numbers out of a hat.She certainly won't come up with a specific amount today,or Boris would have resigned last night.I expect Junker and Barmier to turn it down flat,then we can just leave and stop wasting time.

46th floor....so far so good.....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The only reason why it's so bad is because the bitter liberals and remaiiner politicians can't accept the result.Lets be frank that 70% of politicians want in and most want in because they want that lovely EU pension.
I believe in democracy but I hate the fact that we voted out and other parties are allowed to stir up shite just to boost their support even though all they're doing is making this country look stupid over in Brussels.

The sooner it's over the better

I'm glad I don't have the twisted, narrow cynical world view that you seem to have.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Sorry to intervene but just because one believes in freedom of movement across the similarly-minded and governed nations of the European Union surely doesn't mean that, to avoid a charge of being hypocritical, you should demand it be extended to every corner of the world, including, presumably, Helmand province and North Korea. That truly is a 'daft' position to take, whether or not you believe in FoM in Europe.

That's a great idea, let's open the gate to all those currently in N Korea (except Rocket Man of course). I wonder how many we'd get?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
He's right. We voted out. You seem to have a blinkered view on leaving the EU. What part of OUT don't you remainers understand?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Don't quite know why you're getting so agitated,it's only a proposal,with the BBC pulling numbers out of a hat.She certainly won't come up with a specific amount today,or Boris would have resigned last night.I expect Junker and Barmier to turn it down flat,then we can just leave and stop wasting time.

After today I think we're more likely to find out about the EU approach to Brexit than ours. If they come back with a rejection then we know it's going to be 'no deal'.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
After today I think we're more likely to find out about the EU approach to Brexit than ours. If they come back with a rejection then we know it's going to be 'no deal'.

May will resign or call another election before delivering a no deal Brexit. Even Farage advocates making the payments agreed to in the EU budget.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The question is over Irish boarders if you go by ferry or fly byEasy Jet or British Airways to Southern Ireland you only need ID like drivers licence if you fly Air lingus or Ryan Air you need a passport so what's the problem showing passports.:shrug::rolleyes::drama:

Fishing, joking or ignorant?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just popped in to see whether anyone has any idea yet what it is we voted for 15 months ago with relation to laws, Borders, Immigration, Trade agreements, monies to be paid/saved, etc etc ?

No ?

I'll pop back in another 6 months because I am interested to know what it was that we chose to do

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Because no deal is suicide. Added to which, if they don't agree to that amount, we don't get to just walk away and pay nothing. If I owed an ex-wife £100,000 and I said to the judge I'll pay £20,000, if the courts reject that amount I don't get to say "Oh well, I tried, see ya" and pay nothing. Same thing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just popped in to see whether anyone has any idea yet what it is we voted for 15 months ago with relation to laws, Borders, Immigration, Trade agreements, monies to be paid/saved, etc etc ?

No ?

I'll pop back in another 6 months because I am interested to know what it was that we chose to do

All will be clear after TM's speech today. :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The UK cannot 'just leave'.

I'm still astonished at how some folk don't understand how locked many of our social and economic systems are. If the UK just 'left', well, it can't happen like that. It's impossible.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

No ?

Come back in four years.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Nobody understands what OUT means yet. That's the point really isnt it.

Well Let me explain. Out is the opposite of in. End of. That's what leavers voted for to leave the EU. Not some wishy washy deal but LEAVE. Out the opposite of IN. That's what we were told Out means Out not IN. Is that clear enough.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Because no deal is suicide. Added to which, if they don't agree to that amount, we don't get to just walk away and pay nothing. If I owed an ex-wife £100,000 and I said to the judge I'll pay £20,000, if the courts reject that amount I don't get to say "Oh well, I tried, see ya" and pay nothing. Same thing.

What are the EU going to do if we do just clear off?Send in the EU Army?:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

far.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

but you have it upside down: we owe a couple of years to the end of the budget, arguably some contribution to pensions. they are (apparently, they haven formally presented any figure) saying we owe for a raft of projects that have been paid for (!) and projects not yet started. so it like your divorce arrangement expecting you to pay maintenance (ok), then pay off the other half's credit card and pay for a new extension.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here