Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed Injured - BBC

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Top scorer a few years back wasnt he?

And ?

As Washie said, he was never actually deployed as a forward, he just popped up at a few set pieces and had a nice little streak of goals. Still doesn't mean we should disrupt our back 4 by trying to convert our best centreback into a makeshift striker. Lunacy.

Hughton will just have to work on something this week under the assumption that we are strikerless. We do have some decent attacking options in the squad still, so lets just see what he can come up with.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Top scorer a few years back wasnt he?

Wasn't it with 7 in all competitons?

That says far more about the SHIT SHOW of a squad we had at the time than Lewis Dunks ability as a striker.

Just had a look. The other scorers that season? Baldock with 4, Calderon with 4 :lolol:

Texeira got 6.

Bloody hell those were awful times. I can't even get a sentence out complaining about our current goal threat without thinking of those dark days and laughing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wasn't it with 7 in all competitons?

That says far more about the SHIT SHOW of a squad we had at the time than Lewis Dunks ability as a striker.

Just had a look. The other scorers that season? Baldock with 4, Calderon with 4 :lolol:

Texeira got 6.

Bloody hell those were awful times. I can't even get a sentence out complaining about our current goal threat without thinking of those dark days and laughing.

First game of the season against Massive, and we had Fenelon and O'Grady up front.

Fenelon.

And O'Grady.

:facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My lowlight was the midfield duo of JFC and Gardner.
I still shudder even now.

I just looked up the stats from that Sheff Weds game. JFC was subbed in the 61st minute with us 1-nil down at that point. And who came on to save the day ?

.....Kemy.

What an absolute clusterfvck that season was, literally from day one.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
https://twitter.com/Israel_Footy

I am not very good at copying twitter post's but this appeared after that strained muscle post

There's one good thing here, if he doesn't play, he can't make it worse. Hopefully they will send him back on a plane today and fingers crossed it is a strained muscle rather than a hamstring, out for less time, hopefully although I am no doctor.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
How long do such injuries take before being first eleven ready again? I'm recall with players such as Buckley and M.Owen it was always lengthy due to the danger of making it worse.

No way to tell unless you know the severity of the injury and even then, each person recovers at different speeds.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How long do such injuries take before being first eleven ready again? I'm recall with players such as Buckley and M.Owen it was always lengthy due to the danger of making it worse.

and Gayle last season. Hamstring problems tend to be ongoing even after long layoffs from what I've observed.

I will be very pleasantly surprised if Brown is back on Saturday but fingers crossed.

I will not be shocked if we turn out with no fit strikers at all though.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
That very much reads as "touch and go" would suggest it's not serious.

Steve Sidwell up front it is then. I'd love that. He loves a flurry forward.

And he was the only consistent goal scorer at the open training day from crosses. Both Murray and Hemed couldn't hit a barn door.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here