Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League Pitch Sizes

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No correct guesses yet on which other team tops the Premier League pitch size table with us.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

You could be right. But then again, as noted in ElPrezes thread on that handbook, they seem to have reduced our ground capacity. Who knows :shrug:

P.S Which page do I need to skip to to find pitch sizes. Scrolling through 600 odd pages is a bit of a bind.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That would seem odd them asking, given this quote from the article I'm looking at:

Teams that choose to defend with a ‘low block’ benefit from being on a pitch with smaller dimensions. The smaller the pitch is the less chance the attacking side has to move the ball around and pull the defending team out of position. Tottenham’s manager Mauricio Pochettino certainly believed as much when he blamed the size of the White Hart Lane pitch on his side’s loss to Newcastle in 2014. He said, “Our style means we need a bigger space to play because we play a positional game. It’s true that White Hart Lane is a little bit tight and it’s better for the opponent when they play deep”.

A manager blaming the pitch instead of his team for a home defeat...

...well I never

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You could be right. But then again, as noted in ElPrezes thread on that handbook, they seem to have reduced our ground capacity. Who knows :shrug:

P.S Which page do I need to skip to to find pitch sizes. Scrolling through 600 odd pages is a bit of a bind.

Right at the beginning there's each teams details (Club Directory) it's in there.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Right at the beginning there's each teams details (Club Directory) it's in there.

Thanks. They seem to have taken a metre off the width of our pitch then as well as reducing our capacity.

Do you think they're not very welcoming to newbies or something. ???

I'd assume we provided the details though to be fair.

As I said before, who knows?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Someone suggested our pitch looked smaller v Atletico. Which wouldn't be a bad thing. A big pitch in this division could be very bad news.
The guy next to me suggested it was smaller, and I thought he was right - checking video footage when I got home, it looked to be basically the same.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
All bar a few the pitches in the Premier League are standard size 105 x 68m including ours only Huddersfield have one longer at 106 but its not as wide. Liverpool's, Palace's, Everton's and Chelsea's are under the preferred size.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
All bar a few the pitches in the Premier League are standard size 105 x 68m including ours only Huddersfield have one longer at 106 but its not as wide. Liverpool's, Palace's, Everton's and Chelsea's are under the preferred size.

Huddersfield's is same length (105) but one metre wider (69) apparently.
Depends on what source you use as to whether ours is the same as Huddersfield's or the more common 105x68m.

Perhaps we did reduce our width by one metre ready for this season, as suggested on here by some observations at the Atletico Madrid game?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The guy next to me suggested it was smaller, and I thought he was right - checking video footage when I got home, it looked to be basically the same.

I've thought that every opening day, if I were right the team would now be playing on a brazilian.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here