Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Should Children Be Introduced into The Albion Family?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think it was Slades last game in charge against Oldham at Withdean, when a young father turned to me and said "I cant put my kids through this shit anymore" and left straight after Oldhams second went in. Although it was funny at the time I wonder if his kids ever went back after that dismal display.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I took young Delta when she was 2 and a half to the first game at the Amex the Sussex senior cup final just to say she went to the first game at he Amex, and she has been only about four times to watch the Albion and enjoyed it, being a girl and young I don't wanna push it, she clearly knows the Albion are her and my team I can build from there.....

Took my son to the Goldstone at 2 :moo:

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    614.6 KB · Views: 108

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I took the boy to see his first match at the end of last season, aged three... Of course, technically, he had attended a game at the Amex before... as I took Mrs CO in the North Stand for the League Cup match against Gillingham when she was eight months pregnant!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just wondered when you where or when did you introduce your children to The Albion. Today I purchased my Grandaughter's first season ticket and she will be coming with me and the rest of the family to her first game on August the 8th against Forest, by which time she will be the grand old age of 8 months and 3 days old.

Do they really need ST's under the age of 2? I haven't checked but can't you just take them in with you on yours?

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I was 6 when attended my first game - was very last game of the 1970's. I took my son to his first Albion game when he was 7. Depends on the child of course but feel that 6 ish is best age as they are old enough to sit and enjoy most the game and will also be able to remember some of it when they are older.

Knocker15

May 18, 2013
Gosport, Hants
Do they really need ST's under the age of 2? I haven't checked but can't you just take them in with you on yours?

You do indeed need one, it's because they have to assign a seat to everyone, no doubt something to do with fire regulations, I did ask if there was a minimum but as long as their accompanied by an adult, so she won't be going on her own for while!!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
You do indeed need one, it's because they have to assign a seat to everyone, no doubt something to do with fire regulations, I did ask if there was a minimum but as long as their accompanied by an adult, so she won't be going on her own for while!!

Wow I'm surprised about that. My daughter is 11 months and I'd been half planning to briong her along early this season but glad I know now that I'd have to pay for her.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I consider 10 yrs old is soon enough for a child,sitting still before that age and concentrating on the game is not on for the majority,its not uncommon that dad has to take a turn with the kids on a Saturday and chooses what he wants to do rather than giving the youngster a choice.
I know a number of youngsters over the years who later on admitted attending matches worried them because they could not cope with the size of the crowd

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You can only flounce for so long, nobody noticed anyway! I see you were interested in the Luton match, I was instrumental in getting the kick off time changed but that was the best they could do, I wanted 6.30.

Hopefully i will be coming to the Luton match, im sure I read that someone suggested fans could see both matches.
My Helecopter is in for repairs that day so I will have to miss Lewes V BHA. :D

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I'm a football nut,but I remember being around 10 years old and the old man taking me to the Goldstone

much of the game was spent asking "is it finished yet" and racing my mate to one end of the south stand to the other

wouldn't worry about introducing them too early,they'll either bite or not

my lads first game was N.Forest,cherry picked by me (Withdean)

I explained how this team has won the European Cup twice (well he wasn't going to know any different)

didn't register,more interested in the chips

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here