Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jay Emanuel-Thomas

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Who had never been given a chance at a higher level unlike Thomas, unlike CMS, unlike Baldock, unlike Will Hoskins these are all players that played in the championship failed then found there level in league 1. I pray Baldock can prove me wrong. I'd rather we gave a chance to young lower league players like Ged Wallace or Max Power

Last time JET played in the championship he was, what, 21/22? A bit soon to be writing a player off for this level I think. To put your faith in players who play at L2 is VERY risky especially as one of them was playing for a team relegated from the FL. I'd take JET over both of them tbh, not that I wouldn't be pleased to see Walkace at the Albion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why isn't the collective mind of NSC thoroughly bored with these 'names'?

This week has been:-

Jay Emanuel-Thomas.
Adam Le-Fondre
&
Joe Garner.

Next week it'll be another 3 'nothing' footballers.

They'll all command a big transfer and/or wage, and clearly won't raise the Albion to play-off, let alone promotion levels.

Do these threads, along with the Murray, Barnes, Zamora even Ulloa drivel just stem from people who, like me, know nothing about football. But unlike me aren't prepared to admit it?

Knocker15

May 18, 2013
Gosport, Hants
Last time JET played in the championship he was, what, 21/22? A bit soon to be writing a player off for this level I think. To put your faith in players who play at L2 is VERY risky especially as one of them was playing for a team relegated from the FL. I'd take JET over both of them tbh, not that I wouldn't be pleased to see Walkace at the Albion.
A risk yes but one would imagine a less expensive one. I for just do not see JET as the answer to our goal scoring problems.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
A risk yes but one would imagine a less expensive one. I for just do not see JET as the answer to our goal scoring problems.

Less expensive in terms of signing on fees and wages perhaps but not so if we fail to bring in a quality of player who can't perform at championship level and, worse case scenario, then get relegated. JET is closer to that level of quality than either Wallace or Power IMO. Both would make good squad players though. JET is perhaps not the answer but his partnership with Baldock was very fruitful and it should be considered an option seeing as we only have two senior strikers on the books.

Knocker15

May 18, 2013
Gosport, Hants
Less expensive in terms of signing on fees and wages perhaps but not so if we fail to bring in a quality of player who can't perform at championship level and, worse case scenario, then get relegated. JET is closer to that level of quality than either Wallace or Power IMO. Both would make good squad players though. JET is perhaps not the answer but his partnership with Baldock was very fruitful and it should be considered an option seeing as we only have two senior strikers on the books.

Surely young lower league players would be brought in with a view to becoming first team players if JET is the as high as our aspirations go to find a 20 a season striker then I'll give up now!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Rather hoping we would go for the, now available, tasty duo of Fabian Brandy and Giles Coke?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Surely young lower league players would be brought in with a view to becoming first team players if JET is the as high as our aspirations go to find a 20 a season striker then I'll give up now!

First team squad yes but certainly not first team regulars. You speak of low aspirations but you're talking about signing players not that much to younger than JET who've played the last year in L2. I'd certainly hope we'd sign another striker even if we were hypothetically interested in JET. He may not be THE answer but he could still "do a job".

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I said WE and you talk about Bournemouth"!?

Because you appear dismissive of L1 strikers and I assume you don't think they are good enough for us ergo the "wasting our money" comment. I then directed your attention to an example of a "league one" striker who helped fire Bournemouth into the premier league. The point being you shouldn't be so ready to judge players you probably know little about because there is a chance we could be adding a gem to our team, as Bouremouth did with Wilson. I thought that much was clear...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've always rated him and was suprised he ended up in league 1. We need to sign a lot of players and I'd be happy if we took a punt on him. Hugely powerful...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Because you appear dismissive of L1 strikers and I assume you don't think they are good enough for us ergo the "wasting our money" comment. I then directed your attention to an example of a "league one" striker who helped fire Bournemouth into the premier league. The point being you shouldn't be so ready to judge players you probably know little about because there is a chance we could be adding a gem to our team, as Bouremouth did with Wilson. I thought that much was clear...

Let me explain my view on this then..

There are OBVIOUSLY examples of L1 strikers that make the grade. There are OBVIOUSLY L1 strikers that do not. In recent years, we have wasted a great deal of money on the latter, and I have ZERO faith we will suddenly acquire a good'un. Therefore, your Bournemouth example is completely and utterly redundant IMHO.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
If Bristol city thought he was good enough for the championship, don't you think they would of kept him on ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If Bristol city thought he was good enough for the championship, don't you think they would of kept him on ?

This is a very good question.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
WHY WOULD A PLAYER WHO'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO GET INTO A LEAGUE 1 SIDE BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR US ?:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here