Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bright Samuel - Blackpool

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
In other news, there's a chap on loan at Doncaster from Aston Villa called Niall Mason who was apparently born in Brighton. Can't be too many Brightonians who end up outside of our youth scheme.

The young keeper we just took on loan from Reading is from Brighton , apparently never had any dealings with BHAFC.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That's 34 wingers we're in for now. To add to the sixteen we are expected to sign shortly.

Seems like we are the favourite speculation amongst agents at the moment.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
In other news, there's a chap on loan at Doncaster from Aston Villa called Niall Mason who was apparently born in Brighton. Can't be too many Brightonians who end up outside of our youth scheme.

Charlie Wakefield and Isaac Christie-Davies - both professionals at Chelsea, from Hove and Brighton respectively. Charlie from Shoreham Academy and Isaac from Dorothy Stringer.

Brighton notoriously do not take many local boys on, its a well known fact if you are involved in a high level of youth football in the area.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Charlie Wakefield and Isaac Christie-Davies - both professionals at Chelsea, from Hove and Brighton respectively. Charlie from Shoreham Academy and Isaac from Dorothy Stringer.

Brighton notoriously do not take many local boys on, its a well known fact if you are involved in a high level of youth football in the area.

That has sadly been the case in the past but I had hoped things have moved on from those days?

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
That has sadly been the case in the past but I had hoped things have moved on from those days?

I had hoped that the training ground would have helped but it appears not. As of now there are only three local boys in the 23's - Tom Cadman (patcham), George Cox (Hove) and Connor Tighe (peacehaven) , there is one more in the 18's and that's Danny Barker.

Other than that the club seem to venture further afield for talent and other clubs are taking talent from sussex (see Greg Luer at Hull as one example)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Charlie Gilmour at Arsenal too. Given a pro contract at 16 IIRC.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017

id forgotten about Charlie... I've trained and played with him he is special. Arsenal reckon he is better than Jack Wilshere was at his age, another young talent lost from our own back yard.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I know I'm a broken record but talking of our backyard and transfers there's always local lad and current Pompey top scorer Conor Chaplin. Pacey striker who knows where the goal is...

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Harrison Reed at Southampton is a Worthing lad, I believe?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

id forgotten about Charlie... I've trained and played with him he is special. Arsenal reckon he is better than Jack Wilshere was at his age, another young talent lost from our own back yard.

He started at Arsenal when he was 6. Choice: Arsenal's training facilities or groundless 3rd tier football?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

I am related to Charlie

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Charlie Wakefield was in the Albion youth set-up until U-13 level, when Chelsea came calling. Isaac Christie-Davies was with Albion until U-11 level, when Chelsea came calling. Charlie Gilmour was spotted by Arsenal at the age of seven.

You may or may not have a valid point about Albion's recruitment policy at a local level, but those 3 players don't support your argument.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Perhaps these threads ought to start with ..... some nondescript twitter report... or some dodgy transfer rumour site says......

instead of claiming We are actully interested in ......

We must have dozens of these ridiculous rumours already this window, and none true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here