Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe standing - Would you pay £5 a match more ?

Would you pay more to be part of a safe standing section ?

• Total voters

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
stood all game plenty of times in the North near the back, no problems. Miraculously got a half season ticket in row W as well, so I envisage plenty more standing all game. Just accept last few rows and more will stand all game anyway, and no, I wouldn't pay a fiver extra for that. As Easy 10 says, it'snever going to be going back to the North Stand at the Goldstone. Thankfully we're also not going back to stone age toilet facilities and no alcohol

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Really? I always thought the majority on here were not interested.

I know plenty that are.

The majority on here have issues with getting their zimmer frame through the turnstile, if a standing area were an option it would be full and encourage younger support. Build it and they will come.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
stood all game plenty of times in the North near the back, no problems. Miraculously got a half season ticket in row W as well, so I envisage plenty more standing all game. Just accept last few rows and more will stand all game anyway, and no, I wouldn't pay a fiver extra for that. As Easy 10 says, it'snever going to be going back to the North Stand at the Goldstone. Thankfully we're also not going back to stone age toilet facilities and no alcohol

Why because you can stand already ? But wouldn't you like to be in a section where everyone is standing and singing and all you pay is the same price as a west stand ticket ?

Like I said in an earlier post, there is a waiting list to get into the standing section at Celtic park, now I'm no business man, but if demand outstrips the supply, surely based on the supply and demand Celtic have created in their safe standing, BHAFC could quite easily get 3000 paying a premium for a safe standing seat, especially if we got to the premier league !

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Why because you can stand already ? But wouldn't you like to be in a section where everyone is standing and singing and all you pay is the same price as a west stand ticket ?

Like I said in an earlier post, there is a waiting list to get into the standing section at Celtic park, now I'm no business man, but if demand outstrips the supply, surely based on the supply and demand Celtic have created in their safe standing, BHAFC could quite easily get 3000 paying a premium for a safe standing seat, especially if we got to the premier league !

Most of the top half of the North stands and sings anyway. i suppose safe standing would formalise it, but the club could just turn a blind eye to what already happens in most of the stand. People who don't want to, could get moved to the west Upper or South where ticket prices are the same, let's make the North a proper cauldron of noise, everyone standing, everyone singing, anything near what it was like first 40 mins of playoff semi-final would be awesome

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I don't want a return to terracing. I want to be able to stand at home matches.

Sounds like exactly what I do at nearly all away games.

Are padded seats a waste of time and money? I wonder if we had a poll now about the potential of adding this luxury, how many would say it's a worthwhile expense. The point is to provide for how everyone would like to experience a football match. I'd like to stand and currently, for me, home games are flat and full of half-interested, smart-phone obsessed, fair weather hipsters. I personally think a safe-standing section would improve that and it would be nice to be around those that are actually interested in supporting the team rather than those that frequent the amex expecting to be entertained else they have better things to do. And don't say move to the NS as you and I both know what goes on in there. Last time I went in there I had some tosspot repeatedly tap me on the shoulder with his ****ing programme every time I dared rise slightly early on an attack/counterattack.
Padded seats are not a waste of money. Feel free to create a poll and I'll vote that it's a worthwhile expense. I love my comfortable seat and I am actually interested in supporting my team whether I am at The Amex at a match, at work or at leisure.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Padded seats are not a waste of money. Feel free to create a poll and I'll vote that it's a worthwhile expense. I love my comfortable seat and I am actually interested in supporting my team whether I am at The Amex at a match, at work or at leisure.

That's great, padded seating means nothing to me.

Another one that has no interest in standing, yet votes on a poll asking if they'd pay more to stand. Genius.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I haven't voted because I have no interest in standing. What I think is that if there was enough support then those that want to stand should be contributing towards conversion costs and if that works out at a premium of £5 per match then so be it. However, just because there are a few in the vociferous minority that want it, doesn't mean there is necessarily sufficient demand. I'm also puzzled by the automatic assumption that the atmosphere will suddenly improve. Most of the north stand currently stand so why can't they coordinate singing now? As someone else alluded to, safe standing is not the free for all that standing back in the 80s used to be.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
A safe standing singing section, at an extra £5 a game more than the current North Stand price, would sell out, guaranteed !! And those who now say wouldn't pay it, would wish they had once they see that section rocking all season !!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I haven't voted because I have no interest in standing. What I think is that if there was enough support then those that want to stand should be contributing towards conversion costs and if that works out at a premium of £5 per match then so be it. However, just because there are a few in the vociferous minority that want it, doesn't mean there is necessarily sufficient demand. I'm also puzzled by the automatic assumption that the atmosphere will suddenly improve. Most of the north stand currently stand so why can't they coordinate singing now? As someone else alluded to, safe standing is not the free for all that standing back in the 80s used to be.

I'm no Celtic fan, but their standing section now has a waiting list !! Celtic park has always had a great atmosphere, but people want to be in the standing section, hence the waiting list to get in there !!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I think it's quite obvious that this thread was made considering what was reported by PB as limited interest, to ask those that are ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN STANDING whether they would pay more for their ST/Tickets to jusitfy the outlay from the club.

Instead it has turned into a bunch of people who have absolutely no interest in the concept of safe standing, voting 'No' and lecturing us on why it's a waste of money and thereby voiding the data so we can't actually see how many OUT OF THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED would be prepared to pay more.

In response to you (one that has grasped the concept that his vote might not actually be relevant in this instance), I don't think anybody is guaranteeing it will help improve the atmosphere. Personally I think it will considerably, but that is just a hunch. It's more about letting people enjoy the football how they would like, which for me, is to stand. If there is not enough demand for it then fair enough, I thought there would be judging from feedback in my circles and the people i've spoken to esp from the younger generation.

Last edited:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I think it's quite obvious that this thread was made considering what was reported by PB as limited interest, to ask those that are ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN STANDING whether they would pay more for their ST/Tickets to jusitfy the outlay from the club.

Instead it has turned into a bunch of people who have absolutely no interest in the concept of safe standing, voting 'No' and lecturing us on why it's a waste of money and thereby voiding the data so we can't actually see how many OUT OF THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED would be prepared to pay more.

In response to you (one that has grasped the concept that his vote might not actually be relevant in this instance), I don't think anybody is guaranteeing it will help improve the atmosphere. Personally I think it will considerably, but that is just a hunch. It's more about letting people enjoy the football how they would like, which for me, is to stand. If there is not enough demand for it then fair enough, I thought there would be judging from feedback in my circles and the people i've spoken to.

Fair comment. I think if strictly no standing was enforced, there would be more support. Personally I would probably pay that to be with everyone who was singing, but as you can stand anyway and most of those who want to, and sing, do anyway, it may be a bit of a struggle to get those to agree to pay an extra fiver for doing what they do anyway. Of course I accept that having folded back seats make it more of a standing area.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

In response to you (one that has grasped the concept that his vote might not actually be relevant in this instance), I don't think anybody is guaranteeing it will help improve the atmosphere. Personally I think it will considerably, but that is just a hunch. It's more about letting people enjoy the football how they would like, which for me, is to stand. If there is not enough demand for it then fair enough, I thought there would be judging from feedback in my circles and the people i've spoken to esp from the younger generation.

Glad somebody has understood the point I was trying to make ! I really do think it is a valid debate ! I still think that those that want a singing, standing, atmospheric section, would pay the same as the middle west stand seats, it will be a unique part of the stadium, yes maybe it's wrong to pay more than others in the north stand, but you wouldn't be paying more than anybody else in the ground !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Glad somebody has understood the point I was trying to make ! I really do think it is a valid debate ! I still think that those that want a singing, standing, atmospheric section, would pay the same as the middle west stand seats, it will be a unique part of the stadium, yes maybe it's wrong to pay more than others in the north stand, but you wouldn't be paying more than anybody else in the ground !

There is, it's called the North Stand where people aren't forced to sit and can therefore stand in front of their nominated seat and sing. When the ground was opened it was clear the intention for the singing area was going to be the north stand.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=238]Uncle Buck[/MENTION] and a few others explained the 1-4-1 safe standing model and I'm struggling to see what benefit it actually provides. Unless I'm mistaken it's the same number of people, and each allocated a reserved space. The only difference between seating is that you stand which is a far cry from the old terraces. What's the point?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here