Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone else using your ST when you can't make it ... [Uh oh. Post 43]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can you?

Even if you can, do you really want to send your full credit card details via email, which is an inh would be no exchange erently insecure communication channel?[/QUuld holdOTE]

If the ST pays the £1.50 fee there would be no exchange of details as the club would or could hold them. I must admit to being surprised that the fee is so low I would have expected £5.

As regards touting in the Premier the club hold the details so would pick up the email addresses of selling and buying supporters, so any anomalies would be soon picked up.

D

Deleted member 22389

... is much more straightforward and flexible than most people are aware.

You DO NOT HAVE TO PHYSICALLY GIVE YOUR SEASON TICKET CARD TO ANYONE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO (OR IF IT IS EASIER NOT TO).

You can simply contact the club and ask them to e-mail you a Print At Home ticket for your seat which you can then e-mail on to the person who will be using your spare seat.

No posting season ticket cards back and forth. No meeting outside the ground when it may not be convenient.

This service costs the princely sum of £1.50.

Had to miss the last three matches due to starting my new job. Probably going to miss a lot more, so I'm wasting money at the moment, so this is excellent info.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Sadly this thread has brought to the club's attention the fact that some are abusing a service by using it in a way it wasn't intended for. It's happened before: concession tickets being used by those over-age, tickets being sold on, ticket upgrades being over-used, supporters “holding” concession seats as cheap place holders, family stand seats being taken without children attending. All of those have resulted in changes to our policies and other fans are then inconvenienced. Again this will be the case as a result of what's been brought to light with this thread.

Moving forward, it will be club policy that:

No season ticket reprints will be done in advance
Reprints will only be available in person on the day
Matchday reprints will be £5 per ticket (paper) and with valid ID
Card reprints cost £15 per card for those that have permanently lost their cards

Also, we retain the right to refuse reprints, as these are at management discretion.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Sadly this thread has brought to the club's attention the fact that some are abusing a service by using it in a way it wasn't intended for. It's happened before: concession tickets being used by those over-age, tickets being sold on, ticket upgrades being over-used, supporters “holding” concession seats as cheap place holders, family stand seats being taken without children attending. All of those have resulted in changes to our policies and other fans are then inconvenienced. Again this will be the case as a result of what's been brought to light with this thread.

Card reprints cost £15 per card for those that have permanently lost their cards

Also, we retain the right to refuse reprints, as these are at management discretion.

So the club would rather see empty seats, than enable people to share the Amex experience with friends and family on the odd occasion they can't attend themselves.

Sad. :nono:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So the club would rather see empty seats, than enable people to share the Amex experience with friends and family on the odd occasion they can't attend themselves.

Sad. :nono:
No, I reckon the club appear to still turn a blind eye to season ticket cards being borrowed by 'friends and family'.

They will not turn a blind eye to a practice of printing off paper tickets for unknown people not trusted with the card ( now that this has been thrust in front of their turned blind eyes ).

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No, the club appear to still turn a blind eye to season ticket cards being borrowed by 'friends and family'.

They will not turn a blind eye to a practice of printing off paper tickets for unknown people ( now that this has been thrust in front of their turned blind eyes ).

As the owner of the season ticket, I would happily still be responsible for whoever is using it.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
If brains were dynamite, there are many on here who couldn't blow their hat off.!

mlfw9677_small.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wouldn't it just be simpler for a STH to just declare to the club their non-use of their ST for a particular match. STH could be reimbursed for that match (less a suitable admin fee) and the club could then offer the seat for sale at full price. STH would at least get SOMETHING back for their non-attendance, rather than nothing, and the club would be able to make the seat available in the normal way and fully track who is sitting in the seat.

This is exactly what Fulham do (or at least they did when they were in the PL).

If a STH knew they couldn't attend a game, then they notified the club in advance. If (and only if) the game then sold out, then the STH's seat would be put up for sale by the club for that game at the regular non-STH price. If that seat sold, then the STH would be reimbursed their season-ticket pro-rata value (minus a certain % for an admin fee). So the STH doesn't have a wasted ticket and gets something back, the club aren't left with an empty seat and have re-sold it at full whack, AND they have another punter in the ground who wouldn't have been there otherwise, buying all their grub and tat.

Whats not to like ?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

By in person, you mean I can still call the club, tell them my brother/uncle/friend will be taking my seat as I can't make the 1400 mile round trip after work on a Tuesday. They can then go to the club shop and their name will be on a database somewhere next to my fan no/card no and can still take my place?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I see nothing wrong with that at all and would find it acceptable if I wanted to use it. and cannot see how anybody could find fault with it as it protects all concerned.

What it does show is how much NSC is either read or monitored by the club or an employee

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
By in person, you mean I can still call the club, tell them my brother/uncle/friend will be taking my seat as I can't make the 1400 mile round trip after work on a Tuesday. They can then go to the club shop and their name will be on a database somewhere next to my fan no/card no and can still take my place?

Poor excuse - where is the commitment? :whistle:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

If a STH knew they couldn't attend a game, then they notified the club in advance. If (and only if) the game then sold out, then the STH's seat would be put up for sale by the club for that game. If that seat sold, then the STH would be reimbursed (minus a certain % for an admin fee). So the STH doesn't have a wasted ticket and gets something back, the club aren't left with an empty seat, and they have another punter in the ground who wouldn't have been there otherwise, buying all their grub and tat.

Whats not to like ?

I would have thought this whole season ticket exchange idea would be looked at properly if we were to be promoted especially as just about everything else at the club seems to be run properly. They will want to maximise bums on seats when half the games are actual 30,000 sellouts.
[MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION], are there any plans in the pipeline?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

If a STH knew they couldn't attend a game, then they notified the club in advance. If (and only if) the game then sold out, then the STH's seat would be put up for sale by the club for that game at the regular non-STH price. If that seat sold, then the STH would be reimbursed their season-ticket pro-rata value (minus a certain % for an admin fee). So the STH doesn't have a wasted ticket and gets something back, the club aren't left with an empty seat and have re-sold it at full whack, AND they have another punter in the ground who wouldn't have been there otherwise, buying all their grub and tat.

Whats not to like ?

But this IS exactly the scheme that the Albion had in place, before the ticketing software changed. Of course it only became active in the event of a sell out so was not fully used.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here