Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £5million for Dunk

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Might not be Newcastle... Taken from SkySportsNews

MCCLAREN NOT 'CHASING' MORE

Steve McClaren has revealed that Newcastle are unlikely to make any more signings after bringing in Florian Thauvin this week.

"I'm very pleased with what we have got, very pleased,” said McClaren. “I think that's it for now - but how many times have you heard, 'That's it for now' with 10 days to go of the window?

"We are not expecting, we are not chasing anything. We are not trying to make things happen. Usually with 10 days to go, things might happen.

"But at the moment, we are delighted with what we have got and let's get to work with them. That's the key thing now: they're in, let's get them working and let's get them playing."

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I wonder if the reason we're turning these bids down isn't how much they are, but how we get paid.

Maybe we want £5,000,000 in a lump sum and Fulham have offered us £3m upfront with £2.5m in add-ons and clauses.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Argus reporting we have turned down a forth bid in excess of £5m from Fulham
I think they're just making it up. They can print the same every day, it's not like anyone is going to correct them.

Do admire the club for trying to get hideous amounts,but he is not worth more than £5 million
It might be mental, but that doesn't mean he's not worth it with today's prices. I know I'm stating the obvious, but a player is worth what a club will pay/turn down. If Fulham have offered £5m and we've turned it down, then he's worth at least 5 mil.

Football in this country has changed - again. We had Abramovich turn up with his billions, and other investors and Sky changed football at the top. Now we have billionaire owners of Championship teams and bigger rewards on promotion, so I'd suggest player values have changed again.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well that counters all the NSC rubbish that we have already spent the money we'll receive for him

:lolol: :lolol: :rock:

Squad is currently 27 ( + 2 for Hambo and Harper ), so with 2 more that makes potentially 33.

Rea to go out on loan brings it down by 1, but we really need to get rid of Colunga and Chicksen asap as well, and possibly COG.

27 ???

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Hope he plays today andshow that he hasa future with us and put all this to bed

With my son's 21st, the current squad, Blackburn at home, the sunshine and HB&B wearing something flimsy, Lewis starting today could finish off quite a memorable day

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Need at least £6M for Dunky :wink:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Maybe there is a "Buy out clause " in Dunks contract,and if he signs an improved contract,i bet one is included then.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe there is a "Buy out clause " in Dunks contract
I doubt it, for a couple of reasons. When his contract was signed, I'm not sure we'd have been expecting bids of £5m for him, and a buy out clause would have been less. But mostly, if there was, we wouldn't be having 10 rounds of bidding from Fulham, they'd have found out the price of the buy out clause and would have bid that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe there is a "Buy out clause " in Dunks contract,and if he signs an improved contract,i bet one is included then.
Any buy out clause current or future would probably state that the buying club had to be Premier League for it to be activated, I imagine.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
With my son's 21st, the current squad, Blackburn at home, the sunshine and HB&B wearing something flimsy, Lewis starting today could finish off quite a memorable day

:lol:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
What price did that Ipswich center back go for recently? Was it 8 or 9M ?
Plus dunk was top goal scorer so I reckon that's the price they have in mind

£8m which is an interesting benchmark for promising young defenders under long contracts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here