Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I became a dad today....

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Congratulations to the both of you. I bet it's a huge relief that the first big hurdle is over :)

We have our first due on 22 June and had our first scan this week. I'm both deliriously excited and terrified at the same time!

Good luck and remember, sleep is for wimps

Good luck with scan my tips are do the nct course but pay for it good for partner to meet women going through same process. Have lots of sugary drinks food and bendy straws so you can offer drink to partner! When she shouts I can't ****ing do this get me drugs the baby will literally be round the corner! Be prepared to feel like crying every two seconds but it's amazing good luck to you and your partner.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
That's all.... Chloe, 5lbs 4oz, small but perfectly formed, the most emotional experience of my life. Natural birth only using gas and air. Women are incredible. I will of course sign her up for a life of misery following the Albion... :eek:

Congratulations to you both, becoming a parent is the best feeling in the world. Mine are both grown up now and I've reached the grandparent stage but I still remember both my sons births like they were yesterday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done to you, mine are 17 and 22 so just remember they can become very expensive but very rewarding.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Congratulations to all three of you - my daughter is 43 now, and I still remember that incredible day when I was present at her birth. And she became a lifelong Albion supporter - trouble is her brother who arrived 4 years later now supports Chelsea - not sure where I went wrong on that one ! Happy Christmas to you all!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Congratulations!
My five year old daughter was reading stories to me last night and practicing her writing. Thing is, it only seems like 5 minutes since we were bringing her home from the hospital - 2 days old, all wrapped up in a blanket and wondering just exactly how you look after a baby. Time flies mate and there really is something special between dads and daughters, so congratulations and welcome to the NSC Sunday Morning Dads Club - the thread dedicated to bleary-eyed fathers will be back on the Big Board again early tomorrow morning!

life on mars 73

Oct 19, 2010
Congratulations to you both !

I recall when I first became a dad, someone said to me, you don't know the real meaning of the words true love until you hold your own little one in your arms. That is so, so true.

Was reading the another thread recently about what is the true meaning and purpose of life. Well, I don't have the answer to that either, but if you know deep in your heart that you love and are loved unconditionally, then that is pretty good.

Savour every moment !

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Congrats Mr&Mrs Marshy ... you will now need to get all your box sets ready to help you through the sleepless nights but they are worth it

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
well done all three
welcome to the World Chloe

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
You're in for the time of your life mate - very many congratulations.

Put together a box of things for her - record tv programmes, get newspapers, magazines, cd of chart music, put it in the attic and when she's older she'll be really grateful for being able to visit the world she was born into. And record everything - it goes really quickly (my daughter is 25 now).

Congratulations to you all.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Congratulations matey!!!!

My missus had our first baby on August 17th. A perfect little girl named Lauren. Weighed 8lb4oz, only with gas and air too!!! We "only" had a 4 hour full labour too!

It's awesome isn't it????

I had my first night alone with her last night whilst the missus went on her Xmas works party. I shat myself all night, it doesn't help that she's beginning to teeth so is in pain, at one point she was screaming the place down and I was crying because there was nothing I could do to help :-(

I hope you're a lucky one and she sleeps through the night quite early on, we're still up twice a night and she woke up at 4.50am this morning and has only just gone back down for a nap!!!!

I'm knackered and my eyes are so sunken I look ill.... But as soon as she smiles at you your heart melts. And I wouldn't change any of it for anything!!!!!!

My missus is a Toon fan so our daughter has a tough choice to make in a few years. The fact the club have NO baby clothing isn't helping matters and when baby is in her Newcastle strip it hurts me!!!!

Enjoy it. This stage is over all too quick!!!!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Congratulations matey!!!!

My missus had our first baby on August 17th. A perfect little girl named Lauren. Weighed 8lb4oz, only with gas and air too!!! We "only" had a 4 hour full labour too!

It's awesome isn't it????

I had my first night alone with her last night whilst the missus went on her Xmas works party. I shat myself all night, it doesn't help that she's beginning to teeth so is in pain, at one point she was screaming the place down and I was crying because there was nothing I could do to help :

It gets better Spongy and before you know it they are teenagers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here