Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are the most ANNOYING type of people on trains?

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
As mentioned by someone before, being stuck behind the guy in his late forties/early fifties who spends 2 minutes blocking the aisle folding his scarf, taking off his jacket, and rummaging in the briefcase (which is now on the shelf above his seat) while the carriage is filling up from the other end

The two absolute tits that used to work together, chose not to keep in contact, and suddenly find themselves on a 5.51am to London Bridge. They then proceed to have an awkward, loud conversation about other people they used to work with / barely know '...oh i hear Hugo had a baby? have you heard from him lately? What's he up to now?' - the only thing worse than barely knowing someone, and having to talk to them on public transport, is having to listen to other people have that conversation.

Honourable mention to any group of teenagers between 13 - 16 who get on at East Croydon and play music through their phones of an evening. Oh brilliant, I was just thinking what would improve my 14 hour day, and you've definitely hit the nail on the head with Rhianna being played through some tinny I-Phone speakers.

Also, any person who spends longer than 3 minutes in the toilet, especially when everyone has a beer on a Friday.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
People sitting in first class without a first class ticket.

this, especially when they come up with the excuse that they didn't see the sign for first class, its easy enough to tell whether you're in first class because there's towels on the seats :moo:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sorry but sometimes I need to work, however if you and I are on the train at the same time you're more than likely a commuter to London so I hope you understand.

As long as you don't bash the keyboard as hard as if you're hammering nails, then I'll let you off :lolol:

Although it is usually the ladies who are more the main culprits of this one.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
alamy.jpg

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Just got on a train with a person with a bike. In which the bike is blocking the whole door so no one can get in/out of the train using that door, tosser

But which type annoys you the most?

Luckily I am away on business in Washington DC this week so I am missing out on the usual annoying fellow communters (no, spelling is correct!) on the 6.56 Burgess Hill to London Victoria service.

For me, its those folks who just love to share their conversations with the rest of the carriage, no matter how mundane the subject matter.

Oh and also those folks who insist on non-stop inane chatter about total crap the *whole journey* to LV

I tend to just plug my headphones on.......click.....and the likes of 'Guns N'Roses' (yes I am an old git) allows me to detach myself from the hordes of annoying fellow commuters :)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dislike people who get on and block the aisle for ages and stop other people getting seats because they can't get past. These people are normally men and, whilst they fanny around for an aeon folding their coats, withdrawing items from bags and then carefully placing their bags in the racks overhead, they usually like to look around in a fairly complacent manner. These are the kind of people who like everything to be "just so". They probably have a cup of coffee and a pastry lined up for the journey so that they have everything they need. Maybe a laptop too, catching up with that new US crime drama they've heard so much about. My advice to them is: get on, sit down and get out of the way. Do your personal routine in a less selfish way. Also, and this is more of a rant, why not see if you can get by on a relatively short train journey without doing any of this - including the coffee and pastry: having everything you want all of the time is not good for you, and consider whether having everything your own way is possibly limiting other people's ability to have a comfortable journey. OK, I feel a bit better now.

Oh my god. So much this.

Leading on from that they will probably also take an aisle seat and leave the one by the window spare so when you ask to sit they look at you, roll their eyes and get up to let you in.

Dont ****ing sit there then.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
People who put their bag in the bag rack at the end of the carriage with no thought of anyone else, e.g. diagonally across the shelf.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
People who use the toilets for a purpose other than what they were designed for.

Like to couple I saw disappearing into the loos some years ago, the rest of the carriage got the sound effects......

Actually ,was quite funny, unless your dying for a p8ss.....

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
The men of a certain age who block the aisle slowly dealing with their coats, scarves, flask, tablet are the worst type going.

They are also the type who;

1) leave their train ticket in the bag / coat they have put in the overheard rack and look PERPLEXED that a guard has asked to see it - cue more faffing around.

2) When in the window seat, politely asking said specimen to move so you can get off the train, they simply stand up leaving the tray down which has on it their laptop or tablet, a newspaper, cup of coffee, phone etc.

I have not mastered the art of levitation, please understand this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here