Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

train issues

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Warning to all travelling to Hull from Brighton by train tonight.

currently chaos caused by an earlier broken down train at Purley and a tresspasser at East Croydon. Also points and signal issues at Bognor and Littlehampton.

good luck.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Highly recommend that you follow [MENTION=26439]Brightons[/MENTION]tation on Twitter. Usually first with travel news and v.v funny.

Agreed. Very useful. I think there were two separate trespassers at East Croydon to add to faulty signals at Bognor, Littlehampton and Keymer Junction and the broken down train at Purley Oaks. All good fun.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I am anxious to find out if this would have happened in Germany or it has forced anyone to work at home?

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
13:02 from Croydump was only 10 late at St.Pancras, still caught 13:48 Hull Trains from The Cross.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I am anxious to find out if this would have happened in Germany or it has forced anyone to work at home?

These are the KEY details that we are currently lacking.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If you havent left for Hull yet from Sussex, then you probably wont be getting there by KO !!

2 trespassers on the track today at East Croydon, the mecca of idiots, a bird strike at Purley which jammed a trains brakes on and signal issues at other places. There has been easier days !! Also now a broken down train at Portsmouth.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
If you havent left for Hull yet from Sussex, then you probably wont be getting there by KO !!

2 trespassers on the track today at East Croydon, the mecca of idiots, a bird strike at Purley which jammed a trains brakes on and signal issues at other places. There has been easier days !! Also now a broken down train at Portsmouth.

I can never get my head round trespassers on the lines - how stupid are these people ?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I can never get my head round trespassers on the lines - how stupid are these people ?

Well they live in Croydon, so pretty stupid already. 1 was a suicide attempt but they failed and were arrested, the other one - 2 hours after the first - escaped by climbing over a lineside fence.

Its like playing Russian Roulette as Croydon is full of trains, rails and especially 3rd rails.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I can help, the WFH decision had already been made :smile:

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Well they live in Croydon, so pretty stupid already. 1 was a suicide attempt but they failed and were arrested, the other one - 2 hours after the first - escaped by climbing over a lineside fence.

Its like playing Russian Roulette as Croydon is full of trains, rails and especially 3rd rails.
Apparently the cops chased after her!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here