Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jonathan Pearce

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not Jonathan Pearce's fault of course, but I watched the MOTD re-run this morning and was surprised to see that the first incident in the edited version was Murray's shot that was well saved. I had expected to see the United disallowed goal, which had they got it right would have changed the dynamic of the game entirely. Strange editorial values at the BBC these days.

'had they got it right'? It was clearly offside!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
He use to live near Croydon about twenty years ago. Often use to see him in the pub on a Sunday lunchtime. A very approachable and knowledgeable bloke, I thought he was a Bristol City fan?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
I really couldn't care less who he supports, all I know is when I hear him commentating I turn the volume down to 4. Can't stand his shrill voice, far too high pitched to listen to comfortably.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
“If Brighton are to get something out of this game they’ll probably need to score”
Another absolute gem! 😂

To be fair, I think he felt that Man U were bound to score in the second half - little did he know just how good our defence can be.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I like him. Years ago, commentating on a hitherto boring draw between Chelsea and Someone Else, Ruud Gullit scored an unexpected screamer and he said, straight off, "From deadlock to dreadlock in one glorious move." Wonderful.

He lives in Mid Sussex, strategically close to Lewis Dunk and Dale Stephens.

He used to live opposite the Royal Oak in poynings....has he moved?

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
My favourite, whilst picture on JM: "Well he is bound to cunjure up something at half time, so Brighton should have taken their chances in that half"
Yeah, that and a couple of other comments he made got my back up.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
“If Brighton are to get something out of this game they’ll probably need to score”
Another absolute gem! [emoji23]
I heard that watching it back today - made me laugh. I knew what he meant though.

Talking about scoring, the actual goal seemed to have been overlooked a bit because of the 'just over the line' business, but I thought it was fantastic. A break from back to front with some awesome movement and passing. Superb team effort!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I heard that watching it back today - made me laugh. I knew what he meant though.

Talking about scoring, the actual goal seemed to have been overlooked a bit because of the 'just over the line' business, but I thought it was fantastic. A break from back to front with some awesome movement and passing. Superb team effort!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Excellent ball from Davy P and a bit of luck in the box with the added bonus of muzza almost scorpion kicking Ashley Young’s head off.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I like him. Always remember his completely biased commentary on Poland England in a qualifier, think it was 1997. While the old guard were always trying to keep it neutral, Pearce didn't give a ****.

"Poland are dallying. Dillying and dallying! Come on England, show them the way to go home!".

Clichéd yes, biased yes, exactly what you wanted to hear..... Yes.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Hang on, At Half time, the cameras were focused on Mourinho, with JP saying "The thing is he will conjour something up at half time, Brighton have had their chances." He then goes on to say "If Brighton want to get something out of this game, they will probably need to score"

Frank Lampard always Bigs us up.

edit: took me so long to check my facts and type this, others have beaten me to it.

I love fat Frank. My favourite line..

“All of us are Brighton fans now” he loves the fact we’ve played our way to safety, haven’t blamed the oppo and have just got on with it.

If CH ever departs I’d have Lampard at the helm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here