Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don’t ssk me why, but I still think we’re gonna best Man U.

I am going for Spurs, think we should be good for a minimum point

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With both Liverpool and Citeh away to come, I bloody hope gd doesn't come into it. Ours could take a hammering in those 2 matches.

With 11 men behind the ball? I fully expect CH to set up with no ambition other than damage limitation in both games.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Why is everyone saying Southampton only have 4 games and are excluding the Man City game??
Last game of the season nothing to play for so not a foregone conclusion surely?

But surely that also counts for us in the penultimate game :shrug:

In reality, Man City 2nd string can get a win against both of us in their sleep.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Few people are mentioning Burnley away. Yes they are having an amazing season but they score very few goals at home and technically I really don't think they are much better than us. Reckon we could get a draw or even a win.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Few people are mentioning Burnley away. Yes they are having an amazing season but they score very few goals at home and technically I really don't think they are much better than us. Reckon we could get a draw or even a win.

Agree they aren't that much better than us, we could get something there

Oh God no. On May 5th I'm going to want Palace to win a game of football. I feel dirty already. Just glad that's not the last game of the season. Can just imagine Palace rolling over and letting Stoke tickle their tummy to relegate us.

Comments like this make me laugh..Regardless of the respective rivalry of the fans, do you seriously think that the CP TEAM would deliberately lose a match? They get win bonuses etc and I am sure most dont even have a clue what all the rivalry between us is about any way.

With 11 men behind the ball? I fully expect CH to set up with no ambition other than damage limitation in both games.

And that worked really well didnt it (NOT!) in the reverse fixtures.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
So, that’s Southampton with 5 wins from 33 games, suddenly getting 3 wins in 4 (excluding Man City game). I really don’t see it.

You say this, but there have been many great escapes over the years where teams that have been awful all season, somehow manage to put together a run of wins at the end of the season.

Gus Poyet did it with Sunderland.

Zamora did it with West Ham.

Wigan did it with Roberto Martinez.

Leicester did it with Nigel Pearson, and won the title the following season!

There's been others too: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36264844

Don't rule anything out.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Comments like this make me laugh..Regardless of the respective rivalry of the fans, do you seriously think that the CP TEAM would deliberately lose a match? They get win bonuses etc and I am sure most dont even have a clue what all the rivalry between us is about any way.

I wasn't being entirely serious. We need a "tongue-in-cheek" emoticon

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
You say this, but there have been many great escapes over the years where teams that have been awful all season, somehow manage to put together a run of wins at the end of the season.

Gus Poyet did it with Sunderland.

Zamora did it with West Ham.

Wigan did it with Roberto Martinez.

Leicester did it with Nigel Pearson, and won the title the following season!

There's been others too: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36264844

Don't rule anything out.

Yeah but have 3-4 teams ever ALL done it in one season?

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Won’t bother with listing ours and Palace are safe.

If we assume that the big 6 win the games against us, then we should assume the same applies to the other teams at the bottom.

Therefore, Stoke need to win 3 of the other 4 games (they need 9 points due to GD).
Southampton need 7 points (I’ll assume they make up the 5 on GD), from 3 away games and 1 home.
Huddersfield could get 0 points from their remaining fixtures - same as us.

I just can’t see Stoke/Southampton closing the gap on us when I look at the fixtures.
If you assume palace are safe, then we are too!

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Looking at those fixtures. Swansea hold the ''key to relegation''. Southampton and Stoke don't beat then then I doubt those two will catch us. Swansea lose to both of them then they need another big result themselves

That’s the way I see it too. Assuming they get nothing from their next 3 games against City, Chelsea and away at Bournemouth, then they have to take points off Stoke and Southampton which very much works in our favour.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yeah but have 3-4 teams ever ALL done it in one season?

Don't think they all need to though. The four immediately below us are just a draw or a win away from passing us - and given all the remaining fixtures, that's quite possible / probable. So, then it only really needs Stoke, or more likely Southampton, to go on a sudden unexpected run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here