Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

larus

Stoke : 8 points behind

West Ham A
Burnley H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Swansea A

Southampton : 7 points behind

Leicester A
Bournemouth H
Everton A
Swansea A
Man City H

Swansea : 2 points behind

Man City A
Chelsea H
Bournemouth A
Southampton H
Stoke H

Huddersfield : Behind on GD
Everton H
Man City A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

Won’t bother with listing ours and Palace are safe.

If we assume that the big 6 win the games against us, then we should assume the same applies to the other teams at the bottom.

Therefore, Stoke need to win 3 of the other 4 games (they need 9 points due to GD).
Southampton need 7 points (I’ll assume they make up the 5 on GD), from 3 away games and 1 home.
Huddersfield could get 0 points from their remaining fixtures - same as us.

I just can’t see Stoke/Southampton closing the gap on us when I look at the fixtures.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

West Ham A
Burnley H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Swansea A

Leicester A
Bournemouth H
Everton A
Swansea A
Man City H

Man City A
Chelsea H
Bournemouth A
Southampton H
Stoke H

Everton H
Man City A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

If we assume that the big 6 win the games against us, then we should assume the same applies to the other teams at the bottom.

Therefore, Stoke need to win 3 of the other 4 games (they need 9 points due to GD).
Southampton need 7 points (I’ll assume they make up the 5 on GD), from 3 away games and 1 home.

I just can’t see Stoke/Southampton closing the gap on us when I look at the fixtures.
Southampton could get 3 wins there and Swansea have a great last 3 to get points.You do get a feeling stoke are due some results so in all it's going to be very close come the last day as we're very likely to lose all 5.

May come down to goal difference :)

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I’m with you re: Stoke and Southampton. I think we’ll stay up by the skin of our teeth.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Southampton could get 3 wins there and Swansea have a great last 3 to get points.You do get a feeling stoke are due some results so in all it's going to be very close come the last day as we're very likely to lose all 5.

Swansea getting points in their last 2 games is actually good for us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Big 4, yes. Home to Arsenal is an easy 3 points if I remember rightly. Playing Liverpool just before their CL game could also help.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

West Ham A
Burnley H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Swansea A

Leicester A
Bournemouth H
Everton A
Swansea A
Man City H

Man City A
Chelsea H
Bournemouth A
Southampton H
Stoke H

Everton H
Man City A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

Exactly !

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If Huddersfield lose at home to Everton, then it could simply be a race between us to see who concedes fewer in the other games!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
With both Liverpool and Citeh away to come, I bloody hope gd doesn't come into it. Ours could take a hammering in those 2 matches.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I am really hoping we can at least get a draw against a couple of our remaining opponents. That would certainly ease things along.

However, the players must ensure they take their chances. It is all those frustrating misses that are costing us turning probable wins into draws, or worse.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London

West Ham A
Burnley H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Swansea A

Leicester A
Bournemouth H
Everton A
Swansea A
Man City H

Man City A
Chelsea H
Bournemouth A
Southampton H
Stoke H

Everton H
Man City A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

The key thing is can these teams really get 3 wins or so each in thier last 5/6 games after only winning a handful all season. I am not counting chickens but I think we have done enough...JUST. Also I do think we will get at least 1 more point.

larus

So, that’s Southampton with 5 wins from 33 games, suddenly getting 3 wins in 4 (excluding Man City game). I really don’t see it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh God no. On May 5th I'm going to want Palace to win a game of football. I feel dirty already. Just glad that's not the last game of the season. Can just imagine Palace rolling over and letting Stoke tickle their tummy to relegate us.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
So, that’s Southampton with 5 wins from 33 games, suddenly getting 3 wins in 4 (excluding Man City game). I really don’t see it.

Exactly

Why is everyone saying Southampton only have 4 games and are excluding the Man City game??
Last game of the season nothing to play for so not a foregone conclusion surely?

Because they will already been relegated by then.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Why is everyone saying Southampton only have 4 games and are excluding the Man City game??
Last game of the season nothing to play for so not a foregone conclusion surely?

Yeah but city will be going for the highest points total ever in the premier league which is currently 95pts held by Chelsea

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Swansea getting points in their last 2 games is actually good for us.

Looking at those fixtures. Swansea hold the ''key to relegation''. Southampton and Stoke don't beat then then I doubt those two will catch us. Swansea lose to both of them then they need another big result themselves

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Questioning why Stains will win 3 is reasonable but they've been desperately unlucky in my opinion in their last 2. Leicester look like they've already finished their season and I'm not sure Everton won't be thinking the same, particularly if Allardyce is on his way. B'Muff could well be a draw, so a case can be made for them being level with us by the time they go to Swansea

I can't see Hudders not getting at least a point v Everton, probably 3

I think we might need 38 to stay up, which will probably mean we need to beat Utd

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If Huddersfield lose at home to Everton, then it could simply be a race between us to see who concedes fewer in the other games!

With both Liverpool and Citeh away to come, I bloody hope gd doesn't come into it. Ours could take a hammering in those 2 matches.

Simple, we time waste from the kick off.

Everytime we have a thrown in, we amble towards the ball, then decide someone else should take the throw, they then start stealing yards further up the pitch, so that the referee gets involved to ensure we take the throw from where it should be taken. We then throw the ball ensuring that it doesn't enter the pitch, so that we have to retake the throw.

For every goalkick, Maty Ryan slowly get the ball, then proceeds to take the kick from the other side of the goal thereby taking up valuable time. He must also knock hos boots against the goalpost each time to get rid of mud on the underside of the boots. For a variation, he should take a short goalkick, so that Dunk or Duffy can knock it back to him from inside the area, ensuring the kick needs to be retaken.

Whenever we are under pressure, when the ball goal outs of play, by rotation a player must fall to to the ground with an injury, so that the referee needs to assess which even if the physio isn't brought on, will slow the game down.

When we are awarded free kicks, none are taken quickly. In out own half, we need to knock the ball forward, so that the referee makes us bring the ball back to the correct position, then Dunk or Duffy leave the kick to Ryan, who needs to replace the ball.

In attacking situations, we also dummy the first kick before a second player takes the kick. For wide free kicks and corners, rather than Gross taking them, the wide player on the otherside of the pitch should be the freekick taker, and they must slowly make their way across the pitch to take it.

For substitutions, the player being replaced, needs to be on the far side of the pitch, not notice the 4th officials board or hear the calls, before walking off the pitch.

Also when we lose the ball in the oppositions half we must foul by rotation to stop the flow of the game. In addition Murray must stray into offside positions, but not hear the whistle or on hearing the whistle pick the ball up and slowly walk back to where the kick needs to be taken, and also not retreating the full 10 yards until told to do so.

When we have the ball, the pass back to Ryan from the halfway line, is a good option.

This should ensure we concede the fewest number of goals possible, and entertain the home fans

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

West Ham A
Burnley H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Swansea A

Leicester A
Bournemouth H
Everton A
Swansea A
Man City H

Man City A
Chelsea H
Bournemouth A
Southampton H
Stoke H

Everton H
Man City A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

Looking at those fixtures Swansea look vulnerable - if they lose their next 2 games which they should then the game vs Cherries is vital - if they lose or draw then they will still be below us and then they have those last 2 games vs Soton and Stoke which means that they will be taking pts off each other which is good news, i think we'll do well to pick up anything between now and the end of the season so i think we'll be stuck on 35pts

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It’s all a bit scary. We’ve really not helped ourselves in the last 3 games.

But I think the sheet number of teams still below us mean we should be ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here