Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Match in New York?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Just a tip for North America.
Be prepared to be asked who your Premier League team is after telling them you support Brighton.
They'll never have heard of us and are unaware of any teams outside of Manchester and London (but they know all about Leicester).

This is true, but we are getting there gradually, I often forget that there are tribes in the Brazillian rain forest with plates in their mouths watching us now, who would have thought that would happen a few years ago..

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Cheers! �� game of this magnitude I guess nobody wants a small thing like a holiday get in the way!
For anyone who’s interested in out there for my 50th having been wanting to go to NY for years

Empire state Building an hour before sunset until it gets dark and all the lights come on (weather permitting)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm in Cuba, miles from any chance of a bar and the hotel TV signal has packed in, much to the consternation of the Liverpool fans here. Which has been amusing. A desperate Scouser told the barmaid that "if you get a man out, I'll pay im!" but she politely explained that "a man has already been called sir". The TV's still have no signal. [emoji23]

Doesn't bother me. Got the Huddersfield game on a Reddit stream and will do the same for this one.

They might have fixed the TV's by then but as everyone works on Cuba time here, who knows.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Foley's is a great NYC bar - and Shaun the landlord is a Brighton fan. I normally watch the game in Football factory these days as that is where the Brighton faithful tend to congregate. Should be at least 4 or 5 of us - last time we were outnumbered by Palace fans so will be good to have 227 BHA to swell the ranks.

Thanks! Good to know I won’t be alone, was worried the Palace contingent might be bigger so happy to help! 😊

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Cheers! 👍 game of this magnitude I guess nobody wants a small thing like a holiday get in the way!
For anyone who’s interested i’m out there for my 50th having been wanting to go to NY for many years so the wife sorted this as a treat.
Long time planned and made sure it was between home games til the spurs game was moved forward!😡 (Flying back tues evening)

Hope you have a great time, and a very happy 50th birthday. :thumbsup:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Foley's is a great NYC bar - and Shaun the landlord is a Brighton fan. I normally watch the game in Football factory these days as that is where the Brighton faithful tend to congregate. Should be at least 4 or 5 of us - last time we were outnumbered by Palace fans so will be good to have 227 BHA to swell the ranks.

Why dont the Brighton faithful meet up in a bar run by a Brighton fan?
Especially if Foley's is a great NYC bar.
Maybe he should change the name to The Market Porter and get some Harveys shipped in.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Cheers! �� game of this magnitude I guess nobody wants a small thing like a holiday get in the way!
For anyone who’s interested i’m out there for my 50th having been wanting to go to NY for many years so the wife sorted this as a treat.
Long time planned and made sure it was between home games til the spurs game was moved forward!�� (Flying back tues evening)

My 50th coming up alarmingly soon. NY is on my list. Enjoy 227:)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I love these threads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here