Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gin drinkers

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Mrs Chopper is a spendthrift.
Last weekend she came home with 3 bottles of Gin.
Bombay Sapphire, for my daughters friends Mum for letting her stay over for the weekend!
Plymouth Gin, for herself.
Hendricks for 'special occasions'
Thing is she doesn't really drink Gin except in the odd Martini.
I was furious and clipped her round the ear.
We just have the Plymouth Gin now, as I like a Gin & Tonic sometimes.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
My homemade gin shelves with our current selection of gins -

IMG_7657.jpg

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Mrs Chopper is a spendthrift.
Last weekend she came home with 3 bottles of Gin.
Bombay Sapphire, for my daughters friends Mum for letting her stay over for the weekend!
Plymouth Gin, for herself.
Hendricks for 'special occasions'
Thing is she doesn't really drink Gin except in the odd Martini.
I was furious and clipped her round the ear.
We just have the Plymouth Gin now, as I like a Gin & Tonic sometimes.
This might be controversial, but not only do I not like Plymouth Gin, but I'm not too fussed by Fever Tree tonic any more. I've had all sorts of cheapo ones and the G&T tastes just as good...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

That’s really interesting and quite inspiring. I’d love to have a go, but not sure I could dedicate the time to it at the moment. I expect it’s also relatively easy to make liquid soaps, but undoubtedly a crowded market. I’ll try a bottle if you make one - but only if it has a good quality bottle and label.

Warner Edwards

Aug 2, 2017
Had a G&T in the summer with a wedge of watermelon in. That was delish. Only got into Gin in the summer but love it. Bottle of Hendricks and bottle of Bulldog on the go at the moment although I prefer it as a summer drink.

My homemade gin shelves with our current selection of gins -

View attachment 95547

Thats a cracking selection

I've got the Monkey 47, Blackwoods 60 and the Gin Mare but am also working my way through bottles of Ophir, Whitley Neil, Mayfield and Warner Edwards Rhubarb gin.

I'd recommend the Blackwoods 60, Monkey 47 and Warner Edwards rhubarb gin, not the cheapest though.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thats a cracking selection

I've got the Monkey 47, Blackwoods 60 and the Gin Mare but am also working my way through bottles of Ophir, Whitley Neil, Mayfield and Warner Edwards Rhubarb gin.

I'd recommend the Blackwoods 60, Monkey 47 and Warner Edwards rhubarb gin, not the cheapest though.

Hey Warner Edwards took a look at Warner Edwards (what's the story?) Looks very interesting, could have a real field day there!!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
This might be controversial, but not only do I not like Plymouth Gin, but I'm not too fussed by Fever Tree tonic any more. I've had all sorts of cheapo ones and the G&T tastes just as good...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Not controversial at all, its all a question of personal taste, and I am with you, I really cannot tell much difference with Gin like I can Malt Whiskey, and as for the tonic I would not mind betting that if you lined up 5 G&T's not many would be able to to recognise the brand of tonic, or the Gin for that matter, I think it is more to do with the right combination of Gin to tonic and the added bits, fruit and ice etc.
Regarding Plymouth Gin, apparently it is the choice of cocktail makers although I know not why.
The tour of the Gin distillery (oldest in the world) is very interesting showing you all the ingredients and how they make it followed by a G&T in the fabulous cocktail bar above it.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm not a very good gin drinker. Not sure I've had one and thought "no, that's not for me".

Currently have 5 different gins on the go (all of them presents for xmas/birthday) and, again, I'm rubbish and telling the difference between them. I like them all.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Manchester Sweet Violet Gin is UNBELIEVABLE.

Serve it up with some blueberries chopped in half, Fever Tree and plenty of ice. So quaffable! My wife loves it and she doesn't drink any alcohol.

I'm also a big fun of the local Slake Gin. One slice of lemon, one slice of lime with it - beautiful. For me it's the gin equivalent of a peaty single malt like Laphroaig.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I am just coming to the end of producing a first Gin brand (using an slightly enhanced version of route 2 in the first link) for my company so I am fairly up to speed on most of the technical stuff - licences, legal requirements etc . Happy to help if you want to get going.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Lemon in Gin is no no !

Lime if you really have too .

Cucumber is very nice with Hendricks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sloe Gin anybody?
Never had it, nice colour though.

I'm off to Benidorm soon for a staggy, recently found out that The Spanish make a fine Gin, so I will give it a try, I like the measures they give as well.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here