Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tense . . . Nervous?

el punal

The next two matches, both away, against Reading and Sheffield Wednesday could be one the defining moments of our season. A few things are going against us, we are starting to lose key players through injuries, our recent performances have been lack lustre (Bristol City and Preston), and both Reading and Sheffield Wed. are not happy hunting grounds for us.

So both these games are going to be a real test of character and resolve for the team. Come through them with good performances (and results) and we set down a marker for the rest of the season. Do poorly and our superb start could unravel.

I wonder which Albion will turn up?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Yes,important games. at the moment no-one is taking up as serious contenders. Lose these games and they will have been proved right. If we win both we are really are promotion contenders and people will start taking note.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale

Bruno-Hunemeier-Greer-Rosenior

Murphy-Crofts-Kayal-Lualua

Zamora-Baldock​

Lets use these games as an opportunity to pull away from a couple of our rivals.

:)

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpeg

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Yes,important games. at the moment no-one is taking up as serious contenders. Lose these games and they will have been proved right. If we win both we are really are promotion contenders and people will start taking note.

That's a bit over dramatic. I'm sure plenty of teams have lost two away games in a week when they play two form sides and have injuries/suspensions, and still been promoted.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Tense? No. Because we're expected to lose these games - I was VV tense at the end of the Bristol City game, so much so that I went to have a wee between 90th and 92nd minutes, couldn't stand it!

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
My prediction was that we would lose our first match at Wednesday. Never won there in my lifetime 57 years.Would be great to break that record.

Think Reading will be a draw, but could be a narrow win either way. They don't score many goals and also have narrow wins.

Stockdale
Bruno-Hunemeier-Greer-Rosenior
Lua Lua-Kayal-JFC-March
Baldocck-Hemed

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Exactly, he might be fit but there is no way we will throw him in to start yet.

I believe we will also go back to a tried and trusted pairing at centre half with Greer and Dunk.

Hmmmm, so that Dunk can make his normal one mistake per game and probably gift them a goal??? i would prefer Hunemeier and Greer.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
We're weaker right now than at any point during the season so far. Hemed is seriously off-the-boil and I haven't heard any positive news about Lua Lua. It seems to me we're relying on Zamora to bail us out again. I'm pretty doubtful of a win - but hope to be proved wrong!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here