Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone Else Admit To Discretely Applauding The Burton Goal?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I lost my tenner bet on 3-0 @ 8/1 so I was disappointed. From where I was in the south it looked unstoppable - curling in off the post. Moment of magic from a class player in Michael Kightly.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I applauded, and plenty of others around me in WSU did, too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Didn't realise til your post that it was the same player. But me and everyone around me in the North muttered how well their number 28 did playing his team out of severe pressure at that point.

Sounds a bit like a patronising Albion-Albion love-in. Tho it really wasn't. Don't think anyone applauded the away support numbers. They might as well have been a mural for all the support they gave to their team. Probably only here to tick a new ground off their trainspotting list. **** 'em!

Well done to the club for helping them afterwards when their coach broke down.

[tweet]830513046539927553[/tweet]

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Said to my mate...."no chance, too close and too straight"

Gobsmacked when it went it, initially thought DS must have been at fault for positioning, but then ....fair play, well done!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Didn't realise til your post that it was the same player. But me and everyone around me in the North muttered how well their number 28 did playing his team out of severe pressure at that point.

Sounds a bit like a patronising Albion-Albion love-in. Tho it really wasn't. Don't think anyone applauded the away support numbers. They might as well have been a mural for all the support they gave to their team. Probably only here to tick a new ground off their trainspotting list. **** 'em!

Not sure what your problem with their fans is. Shared a round with some of them before the game and they were funny, knowledgeable and humble.

A far shout from ground ticking day trippers. Let's not forget it's a f**k of a distance to travel for a team struggling to stay in the division, a team that also struggles to hit 6k for a home game.

There but for the grace of God, go I

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I applauded it without even realising. He couldn't have placed it better if he'd manually walked it up to the goal and put it there by hand.

Thought exactly this.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Didn't clap, but did nod appreciatively. Perhaps the best free kick I'll see live this season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here