Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I walked into work this morning in a short sleeve shirt with no coat. I would actually describe it as warm. 13C 55F minimum temperature last night, that is 5C above where the daytime maximum should be and warmer than many nights in July and August. No end in sight of this, at least 12-15C for another 2 weeks, south westerlies with wind and rain

Its only being so happy that keeps you going isn't it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its only being so happy that keeps you going isn't it.

I don't really understand the relevance of your post. I am reporting on what the weather is like and have put it on record I hate this relentless very mild, wet, windy, sw weather. If it gave you an opportunity to have a pop at least that has made your day better hasn't it so all is not lost ?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I don't really understand the relevance of your post. I am reporting on what the weather is like and have put it on record I hate this relentless very mild, wet, windy, sw weather. If it gave you an opportunity to have a pop at least that has made your day better hasn't it so all is not lost ?

The Relevance is that this is a thread for those who like and want some snow, you take constant delight at every opportunity to tell us we won't get any.
And when we actually do you want to bring it down by ensuring we all know it "it Won't last" "it won't be much" it will soon melt" etc etc.
Stop promoting the negativity in getting no snow.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Rottingdean have had to cancel some aspects of their smugglers night this saturday due to the weather. It was originally forecast for 50mph winds and torrential rain but it would appear the rain may not arrive. Night temp of 12 degrees !!!!!!!!!!

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Rottingdean have had to cancel some aspects of their smugglers night this saturday due to the weather. It was originally forecast for 50mph winds and torrential rain but it would appear the rain may not arrive. Night temp of 12 degrees !!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my 12 degrees C. It's currently 0.6 C in Chicago tonight.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The Relevance is that this is a thread for those who like and want some snow, you take constant delight at every opportunity to tell us we won't get any.
And when we actually do you want to bring it down by ensuring we all know it "it Won't last" "it won't be much" it will soon melt" etc etc.
Stop promoting the negativity in getting no snow.

Aaaah come on, we cant have a weather thread with pie in the sky theories of impending snow and ice if the models dont show that.

US posts offer some accuracy and I feel he more than most wish for cold and snow and shows it by exaggerating any milder weather, but its not me to talk on his behalf.

Just imaging the excitement when he posts 'its the beast from the east, we are doomed, we are doomed', worth a wait ......................................

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Aaaah come on, we cant have a weather thread with pie in the sky theories of impending snow and ice if the models dont show that.

US posts offer some accuracy and I feel he more than most wish for cold and snow and shows it by exaggerating any milder weather, but its not me to talk on his behalf.

Just imaging the excitement when he posts 'its the beast from the east, we are doomed, we are doomed', worth a wait ......................................

Thank you someone who gets me ? I LOVE snow so last winter and this so far has been a CRUSHING disappointment. Also the relentless SW, very mild, wet and windy does actually affect me and gets me down so it is an issue of importance, maybe I have SAD ? I search in vain in the forecasts for 2 weeks ahead but all I can see is tonight will feel very cold with a minimum of only 6 C and a week Saturday will see our coldest day for 3 weeks at a bitter 9 C

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thank you someone who gets me ? I LOVE snow so last winter and this so far has been a CRUSHING disappointment. Also the relentless SW, very mild, wet and windy does actually affect me and gets me down so it is an issue of importance, maybe I have SAD ? I search in vain in the forecasts for 2 weeks ahead but all I can see is tonight will feel very cold with a minimum of only 6 C and a week Saturday will see our coldest day for 3 weeks at a bitter 9 C

Brrr... wrap up warm.

Yoda

English & European

Don't let facts get in the way though US. :wink: Temp.JPG

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Dec 19 / 20th starting to look interesting in terms of a cold plunge.... could be good timing for Christmas?

Still a lot of uncertainty, but the polar vortex looks to weaken and mid-Atlantic blocking looks possible.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Dec 19 / 20th starting to look interesting in terms of a cold plunge.... could be good timing for Christmas?

Still a lot of uncertainty, but the polar vortex looks to weaken and mid-Atlantic blocking looks possible.
Middlesbrough postponed until the left backs recover ???

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
16 c 61 f on Monday

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here