Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Premier League Draft.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm pretty excited(and slightly nervous) to see the outcome of the votes. And I can't wait for the tournament proper!

This x2
[MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION], can you confirm how many sets of votes you're still waiting for and when the tournament is likely to start?

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Sorry lads, had a bit of computer trouble, will send out the voting cards now. If you can fill it out and Private Message it to me.

RANKING VOTE CARD

Best Team
1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:
7th:
8th:
9th:
10th:
11th:
12th:
13th:
14th:
15th:
16th:
17th:

Best Defence (including GK, CB, FB & WB)
1st -
2nd -
3rd -

Best Midfield (including WB, DM, CM & AM)
1st -
2nd -
3rd -

Best Attack (including ST, FW & W)
1st -
2nd -
3rd -

Best Balance
1st -
2nd -
3rd -

Best Bench (cover for each position & tactical variance)
1st -
2nd -
3rd -

We're waiting on votes from [MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION], [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION], [MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION]

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sorry lads, had a bit of computer trouble, will send out the voting cards now. If you can fill it out and Private Message it to me.

RANKING VOTE CARD

Best Team
1st:
2nd:
3rd:
4th:
5th:
6th:
7th:
8th:
9th:
10th:
11th:
12th:
13th:
14th:
15th:
16th:
17th:

Best Defence (including GK, CB, FB & WB)
1st -
2nd -
3rd -

Best Midfield (including WB, DM, CM & AM)
1st -
2nd -
3rd -

Best Attack (including ST, FW & W)
1st -
2nd -
3rd -

Best Balance
1st -
2nd -
3rd -

Best Bench (cover for each position & tactical variance)
1st -
2nd -
3rd -

We're waiting on votes from [MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION], [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION], [MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION]

I think people also need to consider how on FIRE Harry Kane is this season and what a sparkling partnership him and Alan Shearer would of had together, just saying like :)

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
[MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION], hows it looking with just the four votes to go? Still close?

Technically there's 5 sets of scores to add. I did mine before I sent the voting cards out so I couldn't be biased by them, but haven't added mine to the rest of the votes yet. I think I can guess who will finish 1st, although they're still within catching distance. However, there are 7 teams fighting it out for 2nd and 3rd. To sum up how close it is for 2nd place, I'm doing it that if you vote somebody first they get 17 points, 2nd get 16 points, all the way through to 17th getting 1 point. That means including my pre-done votes there are still a potential 80 point swing to come. The player in 2nd has 133 points, the guy in 8th has 114. Every single team has came in both the bottom and top 5 so far IIRC. It's crazy how differently people see it.

The best defence (1st gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2, 1st gets 1) has been won mathematically already. Anybody could come 2nd though.

The best midfield is tight, really tight. The person in 1st has 16, the person in 2nd has 15 and the guy in 3rd has 11. 4th has 9.

The best attack is nearly as tight with the top 4 having 15, 11, 10, 8.

15 of the 18 teams have votes in the Best Balance, there's a runaway winner but the battle for 2nd has 7 people in with a shout on 7,6 or 5 points.

The best bench is almost the same as balance, over half the teams have points and whilst somebody is a few points ahead of the rest, there's a number of teams who can realistically get 2nd.

There's also a two-horse neck-a-neck race for the wooden spoon too. :D

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I've realised I only voted for 1st place with regards to best defence/attack categories etc. [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] would you be so kind as to ping my pm back to me and I'll complete it properly. Cheers

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
@rohanna

I'm away for few days so my votes will be in late Monday

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Technically there's 5 sets of scores to add. I did mine before I sent the voting cards out so I couldn't be biased by them, but haven't added mine to the rest of the votes yet. I think I can guess who will finish 1st, although they're still within catching distance. However, there are 7 teams fighting it out for 2nd and 3rd. To sum up how close it is for 2nd place, I'm doing it that if you vote somebody first they get 17 points, 2nd get 16 points, all the way through to 17th getting 1 point. That means including my pre-done votes there are still a potential 80 point swing to come. The player in 2nd has 133 points, the guy in 8th has 114. Every single team has came in both the bottom and top 5 so far IIRC. It's crazy how differently people see it.

The best defence (1st gets 3 points, 2nd gets 2, 1st gets 1) has been won mathematically already. Anybody could come 2nd though.

The best midfield is tight, really tight. The person in 1st has 16, the person in 2nd has 15 and the guy in 3rd has 11. 4th has 9.

The best attack is nearly as tight with the top 4 having 15, 11, 10, 8.

15 of the 18 teams have votes in the Best Balance, there's a runaway winner but the battle for 2nd has 7 people in with a shout on 7,6 or 5 points.

The best bench is almost the same as balance, over half the teams have points and whilst somebody is a few points ahead of the rest, there's a number of teams who can realistically get 2nd.

There's also a two-horse neck-a-neck race for the wooden spoon too. :D

Thanks! It's nice to get a little teaser before the big reveal. It's really interesting to hear how differently we all seem to be seeing it as well.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
:bounce:

[MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] - any news on the tournament starting?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I really, really hope I'm wrong but am I the only one getting a feeling of deja vu from the World Draft when [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] disappeared for ages after the drafting was done and so the planned tournament never happened?

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Sorry everyone, started a new job on Saturday so been a bit rushed off my feet. Doesn't help that Virgin Media are f*cking useless and this is the first time my wifi has worked properly in about 48 hours.

I'm still waiting on votes from 3 people, [MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION], [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION], and [MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION]. I'll give them another 48 hours to get their votes in before moving on and giving them a points deduction.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Sorry everyone, started a new job on Saturday so been a bit rushed off my feet. Doesn't help that Virgin Media are f*cking useless and this is the first time my wifi has worked properly in about 48 hours.

I'm still waiting on votes from 3 people, [MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION], [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION], and [MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION]. I'll give them another 48 hours to get their votes in before moving on and giving them a points deduction.

Congratulations. That's a perfectly valid reason to take your time. Please don't take my bumping of the thread as anything other than a sign of the enjoyment I've had participating:thumbsup:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Sorry, but I haven't had a lot of spare time to do this and every time I have started to looked at it, I end up with a completely different ranking order so I need to spend a bit more time getting it right (finding it very hard to get the teams ranked from 1-17)

I'm out tonight so doubt I will get it done until tomorrow evening (hopefully - although I am trying to look at it a bit whilst at work this week when its a bit quieter)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sorry, but I haven't had a lot of spare time to do this and every time I have started to looked at it, I end up with a completely different ranking order so I need to spend a bit more time getting it right (finding it very hard to get the teams ranked from 1-17)

I'm out tonight so doubt I will get it done until tomorrow evening (hopefully - although I am trying to look at it a bit whilst at work this week when its a bit quieter)

I'll do it for you :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here