Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Todays ref Stuart Attwell

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Imho you don’t know what you are talking about and never have, but I suppose it puts your post count up.

IMHO I would suggest that you know and understand football far less. Are you saying the ref and lino and Shearer know less about the game I would suggest that we wait and see if the FA take retro action after it is watched by a panel of refs.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Having now watched the highlights again, I'd like to add another point:

I hadn't noticed earlier, but when Stephens tries to clear the ball and misses, and Xhaka goes down, he grabs his leg and griminesses as if in agony (looking for a penalty), despite having not been kicked. As he sees play has moved he just jumps up and gets into position to carry on, clearly not feeling any knock at all.

Cheating ****!

Arsenal have form. Wilshire blatantly trying to get Fernandinho sent off in the LC Final last week, to give an advantage, as they were being outclassed.

I wish officials would deal harshly with players diving or pressurising for opponents to be sent off.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMHO I would suggest that you know and understand football far less. Are you saying the ref and lino and Shearer know less about the game I would suggest that we wait and see if the FA take retro action after it is watched by a panel of refs.

Officials make key mistakes in most games. Ex-players only condemn players over blatant stuff such as spitting, karate challenges and obvious elbows to the face; it's the Union.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
These same ex players usually highlight refs errors, which they didnt in this instance.

They didn't comment on it either way, so you don't know their opinion. Had Arsenal equalised, that challenge may have featured, but it didn't effect the result in the end, so editorially they decided to spend time on our tactics and good play.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thought Attwell had a shocker. The fact BG disagrees has only convinced me more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
For what it is worth, the Times correspondent James Gheerbrant, thought the Kolasinac charge was a straight red, in today's report.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More like TalkShite's Saggers.

Nah you're forgetting the undercurrent of poison, that ocassionally rears up .

Definitely from the Morgan, Hopkins or Littlejohn mould.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here