Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion U23s v Swansea City U23s, Landore Training Ground, tonight, kick-off 7pm

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion U-23s return to league action for the first time in 3 weeks tonight as they face leaders Swansea City in Wales.

Albion have drawn their last 4 league games and have the best defensive record in the division, having conceded only 6 goals. The trouble has been scoring goals, with only 5 netted (joint lowest along with bottom club Norwich City).

Line-ups - Rob Hunt plays in the centre of defence and James Tilley leads the line:-

[TWEET]800768349156364290[/TWEET]

[TWEET]800768492341522432[/TWEET]

[TWEET]800760775791046656[/TWEET]

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I thought Tiley get a red in his last game?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A Brighton youth set up creating solid defensive players and a lack of attacking players who would have thought it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Playing a 4-1-4-1 formation? What happened to the idea of playing the same way all through from youth teams to the first team?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I thought Tiley get a red in his last game?

That was in the Sussex Senior Cup. I will admit to not being sure how cautions and red cards in County Cup competitions are handled with regard to other reserve/youth team football; it is possible his suspension will only apply to the Sussex Senior Cup. Does anybody know for sure?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Perhaps I'm just ignorant but it seems we have no strikers playing? Perhaps that's why we're not scoring goals! I count four defenders and a bunch of wingers and midfielders but no out and out strikers.
[MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] correct me :)

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7672953 said:
Perhaps I'm just ignorant but it seems we have no strikers playing? Perhaps that's why we're not scoring goals! I count four defenders and a bunch of wingers and midfielders but no out and out strikers.
[MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] correct me :)

The only out-and-out strikers we have in the development squad are Vahid Hambo (who is recovering from injury) and Jonah Ayunga (who is on loan at Burgess Hill). I guess you might consider Jordan Maguire-Drew a striker - he's on loan at Dagenham & Redbridge.

Tilley is the closest thing we have to a striker available (previously this season we have played Joe Ward up top).

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
The only out-and-out strikers we have in the development squad are Vahid Hambo (who is recovering from injury) and Jonah Ayunga (who is on loan at Burgess Hill). I guess you might consider Jordan Maguire-Drew a striker - he's on loan at Dagenham & Redbridge.

Tilley is the closest thing we have to a striker available (previously this season we have played Joe Ward up top).

Isn't Harper a striker of sorts? Also what happened to that guy we had last year (from Spurs I think) Adeykibi or something (apologies can't remember his name at all)?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7672972 said:
Isn't Harper a striker of sorts? Also what happened to that guy we had last year (from Spurs I think) Adeykibi or something (apologies can't remember his name at all)?

Jonah Ayunga who I think is on loan at Burgess Hill.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7672972 said:

I view Harper as playing a similar role to Tilley, to be honest. I wouldn't describe either as being out-and-out strikers.

Daniel Akindayini was released at the end of last season. He joined Margate and moved on loan to Leatherhead a couple of weeks ago.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Wouldnt Ayunga be better off playing against professionals, all be it U21's, rather than opponents of a lower standard than the level he came from ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here