Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many countries have YOU seen the Albion play in ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Two: England and Wales.

Although let's call it three with half marks for Carlisle (nearly Scotland) and Plymouth (nearly Cornwall).

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Didn't we tour Southern Ireland in a series of 'friendlies' early 2000's, I must have been smashed the whole time because I can barely remember any of the matches except for an ill tempered game which got abandoned along with the rest of the tour, must have been fun though :lolol:

yes, 2001, the match at Longford was abandoned because the pitch was like a cow field and there was no ref ...... very Irish. We missed a match as got the fixtures wrong, but it was a lot of fun, really is another planet over there.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That Bucharest tournament was part of the pre-season preparations in August 1990. Just a few months before, in May, we had been on a "Soviet" tour, playing in Minsk and against Dinamo Moscow.

Albion sides have also played in Italy, Israel, West Germany and Nigeria.

Good knowledge, as ever [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

It was Minsk that I had meant. I remember Nelson talking about it, a while back.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
England, Holland, Wales and Portugal

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

England
Wales
Yorkshire.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Why bother going to a different country when you can watch them down the road?
Stupid.

for fun? And support?

I've just remembered we had a picnic by the side of the road near LeHavre when a coach load of little Albion fans went passed. They all stuck their fingers up at us cos they thought we were French

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
England, Wales and France. I traveled to Ireland circa 2006 for a friendly vs Athlone however due to a delayed flight I never made the match

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Russia was apparently a great tour. Notable as jock and a player (may have been budgie or Westy bromage) were lifted by the Moscow police for trying to sell shell suits to the locals.

A member of the travelling media who was a fluent Russian speaker (john vinicombe) was required to act as an interpreter and obtain the players' release.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hong Kong ??
What year was that, who did we play ?

In July 1986 British Caledonian Airways (in conjunction with American Express) organised a trip to Hong Kong for the Albion where they beat top local side Seiko.

Looking on Wikipedia, Seiko folded after the 1985-86 season, so maybe this was one of their last ever fixtures? :shrug:

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
In July 1986 British Caledonian Airways (in conjunction with American Express) organised a trip to Hong Kong for the Albion where they beat top local side Seiko.

Looking on Wikipedia, Seiko folded after the 1985-86 season, so maybe this was one of their last ever fixtures? :shrug:

That same fate has applied to a fair few rival Championship managers after we've beaten their side in recent years too.

Cheers for the info, had no idea that had occurred.
Hope one day they can head further SE and make it to Oz - Tony has some major connections with this country so not out of the realms of possibility I keep telling myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here