Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You F*****G Bedwetters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Then we will be in a league which we can achieve and hold a decent league position which is most unlikely in the Premiership,since moving to the Amex supporters have become used to success and will react by blaming the chairman,manager and any number of the players which could well result in a number of departures,so make the most of the good times while they last

Too negative... plenty of clubs of a similar size to us have consolidated in the Prem... and how can you predict the fans reaction?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
This sort of attitude always confuses me. It's most notable in seasons when we're not playing well and there's a lot of negativity as the more eloquent fans try to explain where they think things are going wrong, where we need to improve, etc. and the less eloquent react emotionally to another loss/poor performance/disappointment etc.

Then we get a win, and someone calls the phone in asking where the moaners are now. This is just another version of that and it makes little sense.

Why on earth do you expect people to be moaning after a positive performance and good result that, at least temporarily, sent us top and extended the gap on third place?

What does it say about you that instead of enjoying the team's success, you want to coming on here and try to make it seem some people are pathetically fickle to be concerned when their team (a team that spent more time in the top two spaces than any other team last season, only to miss out due a poor run in december and a few key slip ups later in the season against promotion rivals) goes from being top of the table 8 points clear of 3rd with a game in hand, to 2nd in the table, four points from 3rd within the space of 4 days?

Sort of. Surely it is a question of balance. Just how concerned should we be if a gap of 8 points shrinks to 4? Is it not more realistic to be aware that results can swing moods disproportionately. A pony performance at Huddersfield and a home draw seem to take on more importance to many on here than they should do; but I would say the same about yesterday's win. One or zero points in next two games will have many on here looking to who we want in the play-offs but even that would IMO be an over reaction. Bad news but not terminal.

There is a degree of understandable nervousness that is only going to get worse as DDay approaches. I preach the football mantra of taking each game as it comes; it is beyond cliche but if you think about it, it is all you can do. At end of the day, all the points required, what day shall we get promoted, who do we fear most threads really have no relevance to what is going to happen.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sort of. Surely it is a question of balance. Just how concerned should we be if a gap of 8 points shrinks to 4? Is it not more realistic to be aware that results can swing moods disproportionately. A pony performance at Huddersfield and a home draw seem to take on more importance to many on here than they should do; but I would say the same about yesterday's win. One or zero points in next two games will have many on here looking to who we want in the play-offs but even that would IMO be an over reaction. Bad news but not terminal.

There is a degree of understandable nervousness that is only going to get worse as DDay approaches. I preach the football mantra of taking each game as it comes; it is beyond cliche but if you think about it, it is all you can do. At end of the day, all the points required, what day shall we get promoted, who do we fear most threads really have no relevance to what is going to happen.

The justification of the degree to which people take their fear over a poor run is more of a side issue to my point, which is why do some people expect those that moan/express fear when things aren't going well to be moaning/expressing fear when things are going well? And why those people seem more concerned with pointing out no one is moaning when thing are going well than they are with celebrating the win themselves.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I think the only person whose had dry sheets all season is you LVG :)

You should bring them to the NSC curry night, we can hoist them above the shop!

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Go away.

The team will do what it does, with or without our keeping the faith.

They're either good enough or not good enough. We are not the twelfth man, and never were, no matter what the muppet show says.

Please tell me your not still wet??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here