Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Brilliant so glad hes scored at the Amex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd love to know how many times you slated the resigning of Bobby on here - 20+?
Probably just more than 20.

I saw Bobby's signing as a vanity project.
He can't play 90 minutes and he can't play often.
That has left the team a striker 'short', for the time being.

To be honest the first quarter of the season had done very little to change my opinion.

Obviously going disco mentals with everyone else changes everything for tonight.

If the Leeds game marks the start of Bobby's season then I can't wait to tuck into lashings of humble pie.
Clearly I was never carried away enough to talk about him scoring the 20 or whatever goals for his Albion century, or saying he should start on Saturday.

But if Bobby is able to play through the season, when needed, and score a couple more goals, I'll be only too happy to be loud, loud wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I haven't celebrated a goal as madly since Buckley's winner. For a moment or two I really thought I was going to die from sheer orgasmic delirium.

Haha that's brilliant! Me and the missus were going mental like two little kids, I looked around after several seconds feeling a bit foolish for overdoing the celebrations then when I realised every single other person was doing the same I just carried on like a lunatic, best goal ever.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

To be honest the first quarter of the season had done very little to change my opinion.

Obviously going spastic mentals with everyone else changes everything for tonight.

If the Leeds game marks the start of Bobby's season then I can't wait to tuck into lashings of humble pie.
Clearly I was never carried away enough to talk about him scoring the 20 or whatever goals for his Albion century, so saying he should start on Saturday.
But if Bobby is able to play through the season, when needed, and score a couple more goals, I'll be only too happy to be loud, loud wrong.

It's not about minutes or games, we have Baldock & Hemed for that (and hopefully more in Jan), it's about moments and points. Bobby now has some great moments against Bolton, Leeds and now Bristol, he also has 4 points. He is already in the same ball park as the efforts of last season's strikers over a whole season. But what he does do very well is make folk like me very very happy indeed, just seeing him in the stripes.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Obviously going spastic mentals with everyone else changes everything for tonight.

Clearly I was never carried away enough to talk about him scoring the 20 or whatever goals for his Albion century, or saying he should start on Saturday.

I have to be honest - I sit on the same side of the fence as Stat Brother..........I thought it was a fan appeasement signing and I still think you won't get a lot of minutes out of him this season. However the technique in his strike tonight was first class and if he can come on in matches and do things like that. Even if it is only one match in 3 then I will be more than happy to hold my hands up and say ''fair play to the guy' - I was wrong'' So well done Bobby long may it continue

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Magic, I saw Bobby score to win a match at the Amex !!!!

We all saw Bobby score at the Amex in a Brighton side that finished the match with Bruno, Calde & Crofts alongside him. Benno was there too, but on the wrong side. Its like some comeback tour with favourite band members from different eras all appearing together.

Feb 14, 2010
just seeing him in the stripes.

No mate, "just seeing him in the stripes" is not enough. He has to deliver and he has. If he didnt deliver then rightly questions would be asked, but he is and so fine. I saw this club decline from the top flight sell its ground, draw 1-1 at Hereforrd, ground share at Gillingham and have to put up with lower league football at Withdean as smaller clubs than us and palace had success. I now want to win and have the team to match the support. Just seeing anyone on the stripes is not good enough. Well done Bobby Zamora, now score again next game. Tonight is over, next game is what counts.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not about minutes or games, we have Baldock & Hemed for that (and hopefully more in Jan), it's about moments and points. Bobby now has some great moments against Bolton, Leeds and now Bristol, he also has 4 points. He is already in the same ball park as the efforts of last season's strikers over a whole season. But what he does do very well is make folk like me very very happy indeed, just seeing him in the stripes.
Me too, but isn't that the very definition of 'vanity project'.

Granted it's not like the club didn't need a lift after last seasons disgusting performances.
I just feel as great as Bobby is there was no value on the pitch to his return.

Clearly and luckily that's where I'm hopefully going to be proved wrong.

I had visions of him scoring a spectacular over head kick from 30 yards v Forest and then being in traction for 8 months!!

As it stands he would appear to be handled well, the team is lucky that Baldock and Hemed have stayed fit.

The season started at the being of August and we're finally having this classic NSC conversation towards the end of October.
By early next year we'll know if Bobby was worth it, naturally tonight of course he is, but that wasn't the case up until last weekend, or else we'd already have had this chat.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Best AMEX moment ever for me, and I include Buckley's goals vs Doncaster, and The St Patrick's Day Massscre in that.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
.......and of course the first time that this Albion legend has scored in the North Goal in front of the North Stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here