Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The January Transfer Window

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I feel a certain someone has derailed the thread but it does illustrate perfectly how some people don't understand that football is a team game, and that the only activity to be expected in January is anything that will improve and evolve the WHOLE unit.

Who scores the goals is irrelevant so long as the team do. It's something that drives me mental when I'm coaching my son's team. We'll spend ages working on training drills or games to improve their teamwork and passing and then the parents will spend all Sunday yelling at their son not to pass to anyone else so they can score the goal. It's a fundamental misunderstanding of how the modern game works.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Last season we had 4 strikers - Hemed, Baldock, Zamora, Wilson.

This season we have 3 strikers - Hemed, Baldock, Murray.

One of our strikers is bound to get injured / suspended which means we'd then literally have no striker on the bench. And who is to say that Glenn won't hit the wall with a dozen games left?

God forbid if we picked up two injuries.

If we don't add to our striking numbers in this window it could turn out to be the most expensive mistake Bloom will make in his life.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Make sure you go alone then and spend your own money on him, I don't want Bloom wasting a penny on him.

If he can't save Sunderland he won't save us, we need to look abroad or younger players with potential.

Ok Children enough now!!!...we havnt even gained promotion yet!!! And even we had you are saying we would be fighting relegation already!!! Baldock is doing a damn fine job presently but of course we need back up! We have March, Kayal and Rosienior to come back so squad is looking healthy. We need another forward and personally I would go for Asombolonga but I think it would be Tex or Russell to come in Jan!
On another note are we likely to lose Bong to African cup of nations?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
He has scored 5. This is more than any other top six team's second striker except for Sheffield Wednesday where Fletcher & Forestieri have 6 each. His tally, unlike their's does not include penalties.

http://www.soccerstats.com/scorers.asp?league=england2

He seems to be the 5th highest scoring second striker in the division.

Give it a rest.

Ok you're absolutely correct,he has scored five goals in the league. I have my opinion, you have yours, we have half a season to go and it will be come more pressurised next year. Lets all hope he
can bring it in for us supporters and the team.

Merry Christmas

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Last season we had 4 strikers - Hemed, Baldock, Zamora, Wilson.

This season we have 3 strikers - Hemed, Baldock, Murray.

One of our strikers is bound to get injured / suspended which means we'd then literally have no striker on the bench. And who is to say that Glenn won't hit the wall with a dozen games left?

God forbid if we picked up two injuries.

If we don't add to our striking numbers in this window it could turn out to be the most expensive mistake Bloom will make in his life.

Manu is technically a striker and Murphy can certainly play there as well but your point stands. I expect us to sign an attacking player, I just don't think it will be a "target man" type (i.e. no chance of a return for Ulloa).

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Akpom on loan would be perfect for us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ok you're absolutely correct,he has scored five goals in the league. I have my opinion, you have yours, we have half a season to go and it will be come more pressurised next year. Lets all hope he
can bring it in for us supporters and the team.

Merry Christmas

Same for Knockaert in that case isn't it ? He's only had one assist all season which is pretty terrible for a winger but I don't see a lot of flak being directed at him. Player stats-------not really that important in isolation in a team game. Team points overrides anything else. Balders has been an integral part of getting us where we are - and was the same last year.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here