Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forget the i360, a GENUINE eyesore is on the way...

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Looks a bit like a prefabricated building up in the air, but strangely quite like it. Another talking point for Brighton.
I agree with that description, it's pretty bland if it weren't hovering in the air above the square.

Can't work out if I like it or hate it. It looks ridiculous

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
It's a bit uninspiring, very boxy. Not keen but it's not like it'll be very visible anyway unless you're stood in front of it I guess.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looks nice though I'd have preferred a bigger redevelopment of the area, tearing down Bartholomew House and the hotel (now a Jurys Inn). However that was never likely given they've given half the old council offices over to housing recently.

Funny how the angle has changed since this was first covered in the Argus last year...

3720086.jpg

(from http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1292..._the_sky____in_Brighton_s_Bartholomew_Sqaure/)

Apart from [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] I don't think there's another poster apart from you who I always whole heartedly agree with.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For eyesore see the ****ing great block of flats being built by Shoreham yacht club. Those poor *******s opposite.

As for this sushi building. 5 Storeys. 5? 5? 5 Storeys. Is there a big enough call for a mediocre sushi restaurant? 5 Storeys?

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7667633 said:
I find that a good TOWER should get thinner at the top to look good. Like most other towers out there....

View attachment 79510

If the i360 would have done something as simple as put a couple of spires on top I think it would have looked much better and less STUMPY (excuse the shit photoshopping)

View attachment 79512

Looks like a big syringe. Quite fitting for Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here