Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player contracts

Does anyone know which players contracts are up for renewal?

We know that many of our better players will have attracted attention from the better clubs, but with Hughton committing himself to the club, I'm hoping we may be able to hang on to most of them.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Does anyone know which players contracts are up for renewal?

We know that many of our better players will have attracted attention from the better clubs, but with Hughton committing himself to the club, I'm hoping we may be able to hang on to most of them.

Yes, I do.

I
I
I
\/

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
So that means decision time on:
Maenpaa
Ankergren
Bruno
Calde
GG
Rea
Chicksen
Crofts
BZ

Predominantly back 5 positions, where I'd expect us to need replacements if not renewed. I'd regard Bruno as the only shoe-in, perhaps with scope for a few more 1-year extensions?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Maenpaa
Ankergren
Bruno
Calde
GG
Rea
Chicksen
Crofts
BZ

Predominantly back 5 positions, where I'd expect us to need replacements if not renewed. I'd regard Bruno as the only shoe-in, perhaps with scope for a few more 1-year extensions?

They will have to negotiate with anyone that has a contract that finishes in 2017 too!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Crofts will be off to Gillingham, can have a decent couple years there.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maenpaa
Ankergren
Bruno
Calde
GG
Rea
Chicksen
Crofts
BZ

I'd give new one year contracts to only two, Maenpaa and Bruno. Thanks and goodbye to the others

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suspect 1 year deals for Bruno, Ankers, and Greer.

Calde will get some sort of offer, but in order to continue playing will leave with thanks to get more games elsewhere.

Leaves us needing 4-5 signings ( 2 Strikers, Left Back, 1 - 2 midfield ) assuming no one is poached away.

Last edited:

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I believe Rea has already announced he's moving on and Maenpaa wants first team football. Lots of Calde talk and various London based clubs & BZ expected to retire.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
offer extensions to kayal and stephens

Have heard that Stephens is refusing to sign a new contract due to lack of cash being offered so likely to be sold in the summer. Shame, but, the management and scouting structure we have encourages me that we will upgrade on him when seeking a replacement..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Have heard that Stephens is refusing to sign a new contract due to lack of cash being offered so likely to be sold in the summer. Shame, but, the management and scouting structure we have encourages me that we will upgrade on him when seeking a replacement..
Well perhaps that is just a negotiating position.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I was very impressed with Alan Judge when we played Brentford at the AMEX. He ran the show for the first 20 minutes or so. Does he put in a defensive shift when needed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here