Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Never too old for a 1st visit?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Last game for her was Donny at the Goldstone. She was in the North stand so well 'ard!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Last game for her was Donny at the Goldstone. She was in the North stand so well 'ard!

Blimey. Next thing you'll be telling us she's actually witnessed Pretty Pink Fairy attending a match.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Superb idea and gesture from FG. A few details to tie up, but the boy Gorringe will make this work.

Excellent work all round. Lovely stuff.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Superb idea and gesture from FG. A few details to tie up, but the boy Gorringe will make this work.

Excellent work all round. Lovely stuff.

I have complete faith. As I recall, the club keep a little golf buggy at the Amex which I believe is used primarily for ferrying lazy, bulldog-owning, miracle-working redundant Cockney football managers to their Range Rovers.

Perhaps this could be used to ferry Peggy to her appointed seat.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Another photo-bomb opportunity?

Well you've all built Tom up so can't wait until tomorrow now!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Sent Tom an email last night but I messed up so actually didn't send so another one this morning and he rang me straightaway. Basically explained what we'd like/need as in some wheels and possibly a seat a little away from a normal row so not having to jump up & down to let people through.

Rang Peggy, she's out, probably gallivanting, will try again later. As it stands, plan is she is dropped off in coach park near the lift behind South at about 2.00 and we'll (or wheel?) take it from there.

Tom will be my contact from now and will also be calling me back later.

I'm off to Asda, back in an hour or so.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Have left you a pm about a wheelchair. Will put it in anyway and bring down. Will be there for 13:30 anyway.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Have left you a pm about a wheelchair. Will put it in anyway and bring down. Will be there for 13:30 anyway.

Thank you very much!

It seems that the club can provide a chair, but good of you to offer. They will also make sure she gets to see the garden & is looked after during the game.
I've also spoken to Peggy now and she's still so thrilled to be going. The plan is that I, and Tom, meet her by the disabled lift in the coach park at 2.00'ish.

To all that have followed this, please feel free to come and say 'hello' and make her day that much more special.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Thank you very much!

It seems that the club can provide a chair, but good of you to offer. They will also make sure she gets to see the garden & is looked after during the game.
I've also spoken to Peggy now and she's still so thrilled to be going. The plan is that I, and Tom, meet her by the disabled lift in the coach park at 2.00'ish.

To all that have followed this, please feel free to come and say 'hello' and make her day that much more special.

No problem - hope she has a great day.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Edna just tweeted that Peggy made it to the Amex. Hope she has a fantastic time.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yep, FG says she is here & being treated like a Queen by the club :clap:

He will post photos once he works out how to. Marvellous scenes. Hope we win for her :thumbsup:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
She did indeed. Thanks to Tom, from the club, who met us with a deluxe wheelchair & 'pusher'. We went down to the Memorial Garden. popped into the ground for a pitch-side picture and then they went into the South Stand where they were able to watch in that special area near the back, so no up & down to let people pass.

The club looked after her really well and gave her a scarf & blanket. I saw them after the game and they both had a wonderful time, which made my time that much better! I also thought it was the best game of the season.

Dinner time now, more later and hopefully pics too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wonderful stuff [MENTION=6366]Freddie Goodwin.[/MENTION] I took some of your inspiration on board for something that happened to me and [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] later on in the day - I'll post about that separately.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Only just read this thread, what an absolutely marvellous offer by Freddie and the way NSC chip in with offers of help is great.
The club juat keep getting better, superb customer care in every different senario that crops up.
Hope Peggy enyoyed her day out and loved The Amex.
Well done Ken, a superb effort.

This thread, although not a comedy classic, should be NSC Gold

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
She did indeed. Thanks to Tom, from the club, who met us with a deluxe wheelchair & 'pusher'. We went down to the Memorial Garden. popped into the ground for a pitch-side picture and then they went into the South Stand where they were able to watch in that special area near the back, so no up & down to let people pass.

The club looked after her really well and gave her a scarf & blanket. I saw them after the game and they both had a wonderful time, which made my time that much better! I also thought it was the best game of the season.

Dinner time now, more later and hopefully pics too.

Fabulous......

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Here she is! Photos courtesy of [MENTION=10773]fred[/MENTION]die Goodwin :thumbsup:

dad3eed8c29431f1e1d3e3bc9af04cf6.jpg
49a3390c7b5126a622db538b0baac368.jpg
b310eca3435138fa3a53769579b07862.jpg
5b8c25250ffc9804e7ee2cf3a849f954.jpg

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Brilliant pics and well done to all concerned in bringing this lady back to the Club after all those years. Really proud of the Club and everyone on here. Truly uplifting thread, and not for the first time I'm properly moved by what's posted on NSC. You guys and gals out there are SIMPLY THE BEST!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brilliant pics and well done to all concerned in bringing this lady back to the Club after all those years. Really proud of the Club and everyone on here. Truly uplifting thread, and not for the first time I'm properly moved by what's posted on NSC. You guys and gals out there are SIMPLY THE BEST!!

Simply this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here