Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The "Where will Zaha go?" Summer 2018 thread

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'd be almost sad to see him leave to be honest. He's the ideal pantomime villain for us.

That said all this is VERY amusing isn't it.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
It's been said / alluded to already but honestly the funniest part of this delicious little saga is that their golden boy has clocked just how shit it is at the wrong end of the M23 and wants out as quick as possible.

It's like when you wake up next to a woman once the beer goggles have worn off.
The little mole on her cheek you thought was adorable is now a hairy wart and her voice is like nails scraping against a blackboard which is also covered in nails.
She wants to cook you breakfast but you've already f**ked off out the window and are shimmying down the drain pipe.

That's one view. Of course it's also totally possible that Wilf hasn't come to any sudden realisations except for the fact that he'd quite like to play Champions League football next season, and he won't be able to do that with Palace.
Any rational person would agree that Zaha and Mahrez were the two best players outside the top 6 last season. Mahrez has now joined Man City, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Zaha fancied a move to a similar sized club.

One thing is for sure though; if Wilf leaves its because he wants to play at the highest level. There's not a chance of him going to Everton.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Just been on BBS and although I got slung off as usual after reading a couple of pages, I was mightily amused at the 900 page plus thread which seems to be about trying to identify the BHAFC posters on there and finding out their NSC niks.

They are a very odd bunch.

I still can't understand why we are not allowed to read more than a couple of pages before we get banned from reading more. I would ask Dougie for an explanation but it apppears to have gone MIA. Now I wonder why that might be.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I still can't understand why we are not allowed to read more than a couple of pages before we get banned from reading more. I would ask Dougie for an explanation but it apppears to have gone MIA. Now I wonder why that might be.

You don't get banned; you get told to register. This is because the owner of the website wants users to make accounts on his website. Not particularly tough, is it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's one view. Of course it's also totally possible that Wilf hasn't come to any sudden realisations except for the fact that he'd quite like to play Champions League football next season, and he won't be able to do that with Palace..

Are you saying he's only just grasped how league tables work?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
That's one view. Of course it's also totally possible that Wilf hasn't come to any sudden realisations except for the fact that he'd quite like to play Champions League football next season, and he won't be able to do that with Palace.
Any rational person would agree that Zaha and Mahrez were the two best players outside the top 6 last season. Mahrez has now joined Man City, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Zaha fancied a move to a similar sized club.

One thing is for sure though; if Wilf leaves its because he wants to play at the highest level. There's not a chance of him going to Everton.

Well that's crap. He knew at the end of the season that he wouldn't be playing CL football. In fact he will have known his entire CPFC career that he had no chance of playing CL with the jesterboys. Maybe it was Woy telling him "there is no more money son. You are stuck with the same crap we had last year" that made the swivel-eyed gravity whore pack his bags.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't hate him at all. Its impossible to hate a man who celebrates promotion balanced barefoot on some white plastic patio furniture, wrapped in a BHA flag, wearing a headscarf and waving some BHA bunting around.

Sadly I think we all realise he's not PL standard though. Which shouldn't rule him out at Selhurst, but he's not really what we want here any more.

But we'll always have QPR. Best goal ever scored at the Amex.

It was a badly phrased joke, no Albion fan can hate Skalak can they? Cult figure in our promotion chasing years for me.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
A few departures and one free transfer in so far this Summer.

If Zaha wants to leave I wonder if it would be better for them to cash in early. If they try to hang on to him, but ultimately fail, they might find themselves with very little time to secure replacements.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everyone it is then.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A few departures and one free transfer in so far this Summer.

If Zaha wants to leave I wonder if it would be better for them to cash in early. If they try to hang on to him, but ultimately fail, they might find themselves with very little time to secure replacements.

Your last sentence sounds the best option to me.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
You don't get banned; you get told to register. This is because the owner of the website wants users to make accounts on his website. Not particularly tough, is it?

Why should I have to register? I don't want to post. I just want to have a good old chuckle at your sadness and sorrow at seeing your talisman giving you the finger. It's taken a long time for the penny to drop, but he figured it out in the end.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's a bit of a conundrum for Palace, wait till the last few days to screw the maximum amount of money for him, but no time to adequately replace , or, cash him in now and not get as much for him, but have more time to find a replacement.

Im looking forward to this.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Why should I have to register? I don't want to post. I just want to have a good old chuckle at your sadness and sorrow at seeing your talisman giving you the finger. It's taken a long time for the penny to drop, but he figured it out in the end.

I don't think that's what's happening. I think that Zaha has been a wonderful servant to our club. If he has decided that he wants to move to a Champions League side then it's a sad day for Palace fans but we'll thank him for everything he has done and do our best to replace him with the £60-70m we'll get.

He believed Dougie, SE20, etc that they would qualify for Europe last season, and now it's all gone tits up,he needs to go to a proper football club

We finished 11th despite the worst injury crisis in living memory and an appalling managerial appointment.

If we'd had the luck Brighton had with injuries and Roy in charge for the whole season, we might well have finished above Burnley. Bit pointless discussing it now though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He has all he needs to do very well in a good team, in truth.

I'm really not convinced. His balance is VERY poor (and this isn't a thinly veiled dig at his diving, but more his technique), his decision making can be dreadful and his end product is pretty low given the free role he plays in the side.

He's got quick, skilful legs, and that scares sides. I'm not convinced that all-round he's a very good player though. Mid-table side like Everton, sure. Top 6 and starting? Not for me.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don't think that's what's happening. I think that Zaha has been a wonderful servant to our club. If he has decided that he wants to move to a Champions League side then it's a sad day for Palace fans but we'll thank him for everything he has done and do our best to replace him with the £60-70m we'll get.

Is the 60-70 million after his last club have had their cut?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I'm really not convinced. His balance is VERY poor (and this isn't a thinly veiled dig at his diving, but more his technique), his decision making can be dreadful and his end product is pretty low given the free role he plays in the side.

He's got quick, skilful legs, and that scares sides. I'm not convinced that all-round he's a very good player though. Mid-table side like Everton, sure. Top 6 and starting? Not for me.

I'll keep re-reading these two lines of utter shite when Wilf does finally leave, in that hope that I might begin to share your delusion and thus stem the flow of tears.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here