Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Blimey! 23 Russian diplomats expelled!!!!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Except there is no proof it was and if it was why aren’t they dead if the nerve agent is so deadly ???

Because it was caught quite quickly, due to the fact, it was near Porton Down and happened bang in the middle of an army based area, with experts on hand!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Except there is no proof it was and if it was why aren’t they dead if the nerve agent is so deadly ???

Hello Seamas. Have you and Jezza had a chat with your Shadow Defence Secretary Nia Griffith about what she said on BBC Radio 4 yet? She'll be the next one against the wall I guess? :nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Hello Seamas. Have you and Jezza had a chat with your Shadow Defence Secretary Nia Griffith about what she said on BBC Radio 4 yet? She'll be the next one against the wall I guess? :nono:

Labour's Jack Straw, John Woodcock and Michael Segaliv bickering on BBC DP #shambles

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
And also why we switched from the SLR at 7.62mm to the sa 80 at 5.56mm, the slr would stop an elephant , the sa 80 wass more likely to totally disable and wound , sapping the enemies morale etc

Exactly the same principle with land mines, the Russian PMN anti personnel mine was laible to kill rather than just mame, whilst the many 'toe poppers' that came after produced in Pakistan, Italy, China and former Estern Block countries were designed to disable, clog up the logistics line and have a phsycological effect on those going to the front seeing their fellow soldiers being brought through the ranks screaming with half a foot.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Labour's Jack Straw, John Woodcock and Michael Segaliv bickering on BBC DP #shambles

Nice to have a debate on it though, you wouldn't get that in Russia remember ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

My theory is that you are on here to post absurd 'leftist' nonsense and thereby undermine the labour party; 'if this is the sort of view of yer average labour supporter then I'm out' being the intended response. You don't overdo it (clever), and you keep us amused with you 'full English' series, but ..... I name you a Tory propagandist. Now I'm going to block your posts. Ta ra.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nice to have a debate on it though, you wouldn't get that in Russia remember ?

It's always a very good thing to have the "10th Man". If everyone in the room agrees it was the Ruskies one person should always argue a different case, no matter how unlikely. It's how forward thinking countries stay ahead of the game. Imagine any and all scenarios, nomatter how unlikely or unsavoury. So it's good to have Jezza with a different opinion.

It was clearly the ****ing Russians though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what i really dont understand about current Labour command and some others to the left, is why they are in thralled by Russia. they're not communist anymore, they are a very long way away politically. if one were into conspriacies, one might think they are Manchurian agents that haven't been stood down, still programmed to support the motherland and undermine the west. i say this half in jest, i dont have another explanation, anyone?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
So it turns that the UK, US, France and Germany have now asked Russia to explain themselves to OPCW.

Funnily enough exactly what Jeremy Corbyn was asking for in his speech to parliament yesterday when he twice condemned the attack, attacked Putin's wretched human rights record and supported the Prime Minister in taking firm multi-lateral action to strengthen the chemical weapons convention and to ensure that this act never again happens in our country.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So it turns that the UK, US, France and Germany have now asked Russia to explain themselves to OPCW.

Funnily enough exactly what Jeremy Corbyn was asking for in his speech to parliament yesterday when he twice condemned the attack, attacked Putin's wretched human rights record and supported the Prime Minister in taking firm multi-lateral action to strengthen the chemical weapons convention and to ensure that this act never again happens in our country.

Yes, exactly. Strangely, The Daily Mail never picked on this ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My theory is that you are on here to post absurd 'leftist' nonsense and thereby undermine the labour party; 'if this is the sort of view of yer average labour supporter then I'm out' being the intended response. You don't overdo it (clever), and you keep us amused with you 'full English' series, but ..... I name you a Tory propagandist. Now I'm going to block your posts. Ta ra.

I think, as [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] says, it is important that there is a view that holds back on bullishness. I saw nothing wrong in what Corbyn had to say- especially as he seemed to go further on his take on Russian influence.

Anyway, new commentary from the Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...3d931db7f68_story.html?utm_term=.5102d22bb6c1

I think most suspect high level Russian involvement here. But it's not wrong to ask for proper lines to be observed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There are further questions to be asked here over the presence of so many 'oligarchs' in the UK. Many of whom will be loyal to Putin.

One question I would ask to government supporters is why the Conservative Party are happy to receive donations from some of them which total up to a large sum.

As much as these people cannot be proven to be allied with Putin in an underhand way, surely the Conservatives are laying themselves open here.

It may be that Russia has more Intelligence operatives in the UK now than they did in the bad old days.

The Times:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...resa-mays-vow-to-ban-russian-donors-glp2bl7cm

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Let me guess.. we haven’t been a world power since the EU Referendum ?
Not at all bud. I was happy with the referendum result. The UK hasn't been a world power for some time in my opinion of course.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

You and others are (deliberately) missing the crucial bit .. he didn't specifically condemn Putin/Russia for this outrage just like he never specifically condemns the IRA .. he did manage to make a party political point about cuts though.

Furthermore his spokesman Seamus Milne (Putin apologist) explained the Labour Leadership doesn't trust our security service/government assessments by linking this case to Iraq. Numerous Labour MP's were appalled by this response and the serving Shadow Defence Secretary has gone further specifically condemning Russia which Corbyn won't do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here