Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex Gigs

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
After some early promise (Fatboy Slim, Rod Stewart) it’s died a death.

Why don’t we see any summer gigs at the Amex anymore?

Don’t recall any issues with those held previously.

They just kind of stopped.

Any idea why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good question, the Rod Stewart gig was really very good in my view.

All well organised and easy to get home by train.

Shame no more

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Was on the stadium tour and I think I recall the tour guide saying that there's only a small window of opportunity for gigs because of when the pitch is usually laid.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bit of a non-starter given Southern now close the station for the day if there’s a concert. Why would any promoter want to use such a venue?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good question, the Rod Stewart gig was really very good in my view.

All well organised and easy to get home by train.

Shame no more

I thought they closed the station? Obviously not.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We are too close to the O2 in London for bands to bother doing two big venues in one region.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder if the Stones made any inquires?

I heard they did, but the promoters were concerned that when Mick sang You Can’t Always Get What You Want Barber would interrupt the gig with a 50 minute defensive monologue explaining how they don’t want left over stock, couldn’t predict unprecedented sales and that the fact you can’t buy anything is actually a measure of success.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I heard they did, but the promoters were concerned that when Mick sang You Can’t Always Get What You Want Barber would interrupt the gig with a 50 minute defensive monologue explaining how they don’t want left over stock, couldn’t predict unprecedented sales and that the fact you can’t buy anything is actually a measure of success.

It’s like some posters on here churning out the same boring monologue because they didn’t like the original answer. If there was money in it, the logistics work and the bands (promoters) want to play at the Amex (in June) it will happen. Otherwise they will use the County Ground with its much better transport links ��

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Fat boy slim was quality, both days!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

el punal

Really? :facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here