Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Are we allowed to say how well the scum have done?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Was also there with mates, standing side by side with the fans that Palace chose to reject ( I wonder why ) Fights broke out all around the ground. One of our party was floored by a big right hander, that he never saw coming. It was seriously scary and not to be recommended.

Totally agree, yet that was the first game I ever felt truly connected with Brighton. Because of living in South Africa nad all over the uk, I never really felt affinity to anyone...home town team is hudds but I left when I was 6, 54 years ago!!! Over all the years since I am so glad my dad decided to move to brighton.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Credit ? What for ? They have spent a load of money and may just scrape by. No credit, and not just because it’s palace.

Another moronic thread

Last edited:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
They've done well after changing managers and getting Zaha fit again (yes he dives and appeals way too much, but yes he's a great player too). Still want them to lose every match.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Normal service has resumed.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Morally yes. We look down on you...everyone looks down on you.

It was inevitable, I suppose, that after spending 90% of the season below us, now you've clawed your way to a magnificent 1 point lead, that you'd all rush onto our boards to tell us how brilliant, clever and attractive to women you are. But you're still a shitty little club with a past.
Not a very long past, this particular incarnation is only 8 years old isn't it.

When things go wrong they just cancel their debits and hit the reset button. Bankrupt both morally and financially.

Laughable really that they are on here giving it the large. Self awareness really but their strong suit.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Who would have predicted a binfest with some Palace knobs giving it large when they finally over took us in the league.

Its gong to be even worse when they make it to the European places.

...... Wait........ What?

Got to give it to them though, they have done well after bumbling along with no clear idea of what they are doing since their inception a few years ago.

Dwyane Dibbly's slapstick striking isn't the only comedy coming out of Selhurst that's for sure.

Scary ultras though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Be honest though . Last summer, you were thinking.....top eight at least, possibly Europe, decent cup run or two. Am I right? Or have I underplayed it?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Be honest though . Last summer, you were thinking.....top eight at least, possibly Europe, decent cup run or two. Am I right? Or have I underplayed it?

I was expecting a top half finish. Maybe top 8 with a bit of luck. I certainly didn't expect to have 12 first team players out injured at the same time. 11th place is a miracle and a phenomenal job from Roy and the players considering how unlucky we've been.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

I always expect a relegation battle , then if we stay up it's a bonus .

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

What? You mean like coming on here after a win and then disappearing again for a few weeks, waiting for the next point?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I love our rivalry and dislike Palace as much as the next Albion fan, but you've got to hand it to them: they've done a cracking job to survive the drop (with relative ease in the end, it seems). They prove that a team is not as much the individuals as the sum of its parts. Man for man, I'd only have Zaha and maybe Townsend over any of our starting XI, yet every one of their players know how they're meant to play in Roy's system, and he plays to all of their strengths. And who'd have thought Roy, after the England failings, would be the most successful of the managerial replacements this year?

I feel it disparages the footballing IQ of both sets of fans if we can't see past our own bias and objectively recognise the other's achievements. Presuming we both stay up, it's fair to say that both Albion and Palace have done brilliantly this season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I love our rivalry and dislike Palace as much as the next Albion fan, but you've got to hand it to them: they've done a cracking job to survive the drop (with relative ease in the end, it seems). They prove that a team is not as much the individuals as the sum of its parts. Man for man, I'd only have Zaha and maybe Townsend over any of our starting XI, yet every one of their players know how they're meant to play in Roy's system, and he plays to all of their strengths. And who'd have thought Roy, after the England failings, would be the most successful of the managerial replacements this year?

I feel it disparages the footballing IQ of both sets of fans if we can't see past our own bias and objectively recognise the other's achievements. Presuming we both stay up, it's fair to say that both Albion and Palace have done brilliantly this season.

I agree with alot of your post. Hating Albion fans who boasted that Palace were down last October were naive.

But any decent manager such as Hughton, Hodgson, Dyche or Allardyce, would have taken the £200m squad to safety. Zaha, Loftus-Cheek, Milivojevic, Cabaye, Townsend, Schlupp, etc etc .... contains too much pace and class.

To put this into perspective our squad cost is £65m, Burnley £90m, Plucky £100m, Swansea, WBA and Stoke £110m.

Palace invested and bought enduring PL status. The only shock is how long it's taken to get to mid table.

They'll stay up next season too if they retain Zaha.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Its all about expectations isn't it?

We have exceeded ours this year by steering clear of the relegation zone for most of the season (hopefully this continues). From where we have come we are delighted with our season and most of us have enjoyed it immensely. The fact that our high spending, established, cheating rivals have been kicking about the league below us for most of the season has been the cherry on top. It really is laughable that they are on here giving it the large after the season they have had, not to mention the suspect business model that their success (sic) is based on. What is interesting is that they are now mirroring this business model on the pitch with their star player.

I am sure they will do well next season and into the future. The problem is, if and when everything goes wrong it is the businesses around the community that supports them who pay the price (quite literally).

Not that their fans care of course "Winning is everything" and i guess that even if you don't do it that often it doesn't matter how you achieve it.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
They prove that a team is not as much the individuals as the sum of its parts. Man for man, I'd only have Zaha and maybe Townsend over any of our starting XI

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I've just seen on Twitter that Palace have only lost 1 of their last 19 games against sides outside the top 6 in the Premier League. Bloody impressive.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
You have to take your hat off to Roy...when he joined they were cast iron relegation favourites, but once the diving cheating **** came back, they haven't looked back.

Seeing as Leicester saw us off at home and away, and palarse dick them 5-0, that was an exceptional result.

They may all be diving cheating lowlife, but fair play to them.

Be it irrational, be it childish, be it what it may, be they are our rivals. Respect for following the local team but really David! Nothing else.

To put this into context there would never be a similar thread on BBS. The slugs would be all over any remarkable performance from the Albion with overtones of homophobia, losing the Goldstone and anything vile they could put their few brain cells together to commit to.

Sad this.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha

I've just seen on Twitter that Palace have only lost 1 of their last 19 games against sides outside the top 6 in the Premier League. Bloody impressive.

So it's Europe again next season then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Not sure why you felt the need to laugh at my post when I was being quite complementary about Palace. The line you quoted wasn't intended to be a criticism, more a highlight of how well gelled your team is. Man for man, I'd take quite a lot of the Southampton team over our players, but look where they are? Man for man, I wouldn't take many of the Bournemouth team, but they're above us.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here