Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Palace: why Monday?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think that's probably it, yes.

Oh, well that's alright then. I can now sleep soundly in my bed tonight.

It's simply marvellous to know that as a fan who came to watch the League game peacefully, mindless individuals have not dictated when the game should be played.

Well done all, bravo!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
FFS SOMEONE stand up to the Old bill and tell them MAN UP.

I can just imagine the scene....

Tony Bloom here. Is that the Chief Constable?

Yes, mate

You need to man up, you do.

What are you going on about Mr Bloom, sir?

Er, yeah, those Palace fans.....

What about them sir?

Er, we want a 3 o'clock kick off and none of their riff raff causing trouble.

Right ho, sir. I'll make a note of it.

:wozza:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This maybe?

No trains at Redhill on Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 January
Date:
6 January - 7 January 2018 11:59 PM

Routes affected:
Great Western Railway between Reading and Redhill / Gatwick Airport Southern between London Victoria and Reigate / Tonbridge / Three Bridges / Brighton / Southampton Central; London Bridge and Horsham Thameslink between Bedford and Brighton / Three Bridges

Engineering work is taking place between Reigate and Earlswood, closing the line between these stations.

Great Western Railway

Buses will operate every hour between Reigate and Gatwick Airport, taking approximately 25 minutes.

Buses will also operate between Reigate and Redhill, taking approximately 10 minutes.

Some early morning / late night buses will run earlier than normal to maintain connections and will operate via Redhill.

Southern

Trains between London Victoria and Brighton will be re-timed.

Trains which usually run between London and Horsham / Bognor Regis will be diverted and not call at stations via Redhill.

Buses will replace trains between Purley and Horley via Redhill.

Buses will replace trains between Redhill and Tonbridge / Reigate.

Thameslink

Trains will not be able to call at Coulsdon South, Merstham and Redhill. Customers for these station should use replacement road transport, which is provided by Southern. Road transport will run between Purley and Horley.

Trains which usually run between London Bridge and Brighton will not run.

Trains between Bedford and Brighton will call additionally at Balcombe.

The 23:37 (Saturday and 00:10 (Sunday) Brighton to Bedford service will not call at Redhill. A bus will operate from Gatwick to Redhill and from Redhill to east Croydon.

So, presumably not affecting the Quarry line, or so it would appear.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I can just imagine the scene....

Tony Bloom here. Is that the Chief Constable?

Yes, mate

You need to man up, you do.

What are you going on about Mr Bloom, sir?

Er, yeah, those Palace fans.....

What about them sir?

Er, we want a 3 o'clock kick off and none of their riff raff causing trouble.

Right ho, sir. I'll make a note of it.

:wozza:

No bad Wozza.

League games

Liverpool v Man Utd
Tottenham v Arsenal
Sheff Wed v Sheff Utd
Newcastle v Sunderland
Leeds v Man Utd
Man Utd v Man City
Celtic v Rangers
ALL the above = NO away fan reduced attendance, why because the old bill make plans and handle it. They dont bottle it by saying oooohhhhh its a bit rough lets make it 2k and not 3k.

And, and, and I say (that was my foghorn leghorn impression) they have ONE line maximum of 2 lines of STEWARDS no coppers dealing with the segregation. Not 20 rows like we do.

This club and Sussex police have just become a Nanny state when it comes to football.

Bunch of girls, the lot of them.

No bad Wozza.

League games

Liverpool v Man Utd
Tottenham v Arsenal
Sheff Wed v Sheff Utd
Newcastle v Sunderland
Leeds v Man Utd
Man Utd v Man City
Celtic v Rangers
ALL the above = NO away fan reduced attendance, why because the old bill make plans and handle it. They dont bottle it by saying oooohhhhh its a bit rough lets make it 2k and not 3k.

And, and, and I say (that was my foghorn leghorn impression) they have ONE line maximum of 2 lines of STEWARDS no coppers dealing with the segregation. Not 20 rows like we do.

This club and Sussex police have just become a Nanny state when it comes to football.

The club and police keep us safe and help us sing the correct songs,praise them for we are #together

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
No bad Wozza.

League games

Liverpool v Man Utd
Tottenham v Arsenal
Sheff Wed v Sheff Utd
Newcastle v Sunderland
Leeds v Man Utd
Man Utd v Man City
Celtic v Rangers

100% this.

Oh and by the way, Rangers v Celtic allow SEVEN THOUSAND away fans. In a derby that is defined by sectarian HATRED and hundreds of years of oppression, rather than a dodgy refereeing decision in 1976.

Sussex police are pathetic when it comes to policing football.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
100% this.

Oh and by the way, Rangers v Celtic allow SEVEN THOUSAND away fans. In a derby that is defined by sectarian HATRED and hundreds of years of oppression, rather than a dodgy refereeing decision in 1976.

Sussex police are pathetic when it comes to policing football.

[MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION], the bit about the ref made me laugh out loud, quality end to the sentence.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
[MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION], the bit about the ref made me laugh out loud, quality end to the sentence.

It's funny because it's true!

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
No bad Wozza.

League games

Liverpool v Man Utd
Tottenham v Arsenal
Sheff Wed v Sheff Utd
Newcastle v Sunderland
Leeds v Man Utd
Man Utd v Man City
Celtic v Rangers

Spot on.
Post of the week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Palace were willing to put on free coaches to a weekend lunchtime ko so that negates any train argument.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Palace were willing to put on free coaches to a weekend lunchtime ko so that negates any train argument.

Albion's approach seems to be: we will hold the game when we want to hold the game and not let Palace's hoolie mob dictate when the game is played.

Palace's approach seems to be: we should hold the game at a time when our hoolie mob are least likely to be able to cause problems.

I know who I think is right.

Beyond that: have you lot actually asked your club what scope both clubs had to say to BT Sport and the FA: no you can't televise our game on Monday night?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Another point on this: you think the black hoodie gang would get on a club coach direct to Brighton or would they, in fact, just get on the train anyway. They have shops to pose in front of with their banner and everything.

4,500 fans. You're saying every single fan would get a club coach? That's 90 coaches.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Plus if live on tv - and any more hoolie mob issues - there may just be one, possibly two cameras that catch it all on film???

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Monday night football is very inconvenient for those of us not in Brighton who have to work a 'normal' kind of day. So, no it doesn't inconvenience everybody but any weekday match is massively more hassle than weekend matches.

Agreed. After the last two weekday home games (Stoke and Palace) I didn’t get home until almost 1am. The alarm goes off at 6.15am. Not a good start to the week. I should get home earlier but both times the trains let me down.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Another point on this: you think the black hoodie gang would get on a club coach direct to Brighton or would they, in fact, just get on the train anyway. They have shops to pose in front of with their banner and everything.

4,500 fans. You're saying every single fan would get a club coach? That's 90 coaches.

Of course I'm not saying every fan would get the coach. I wouldn't. But by the same standard, not everyone would get the train either. But the offer of free coaches would have helped and given fans another option. The whole debate is irrelevant now anyway since the local
authorities seem to have admitted that they cannot handle a full allocation for this match.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
£140,000 gained for Live TV.£250,000 lost for 10,000 empty seats alongside lost revenue inside the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Albion's approach seems to be: we will hold the game when we want to hold the game and not let Palace's hoolie mob dictate when the game is played.

Palace's approach seems to be: we should hold the game at a time when our hoolie mob are least likely to be able to cause problems.

I know who I think is right.

Beyond that: have you lot actually asked your club what scope both clubs had to say to BT Sport and the FA: no you can't televise our game on Monday night?

We don't have a 'hoolie mob' bozza and you know it. We have a bunch of kids who think it's clever to let off bangers and smoke grenades. I have never seen them behaving like a hoolie mob before. Anti-social idiots? Yes. Football Hooligans? No.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
We don't have a 'hoolie mob' bozza and you know it. We have a bunch of kids who think it's clever to let off bangers and smoke grenades. I have never seen them behaving like a hoolie mob before. Anti-social idiots? Yes. Football Hooligans? No.

What about Spurs and Manure away?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here