Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fan sets up petition to ban Benteke and dock Liverpool 6 points

Mar 2, 2016
I am certainly warming to you, please hang around. Hours of fun.

:wave:

I would've stuck around on the other Palace thread but I was 'excluded from the discussion' by the mods.
No idea why. I wasn't rude. Just getting the better of all those that replied to me.....oh hang on. Now I see why!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
BrZZJTOCYAAMJAl.jpg:large

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I would've stuck around on the other Palace thread but I was 'excluded from the discussion' by the mods.
No idea why. I wasn't rude. Just getting the better of all those that replied to me.....oh hang on. Now I see why!

Well, you certainly have put me in my place there. I feel about this big.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Your delusion knows no bounds. So typically Palace!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Or you could have 'no you are' but 'shouldn't you be at school' seems to suit him better.

Well, I think he was probably just verbalising what most of us had assumed, i.e. that you're aged about 17 (OK, college rather than school).

Is that not the case then?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This from yesterday's Fiver made me chuckle:

**QUOTE OF THE DAY
25 October 2015: “They put their legs out and I felt a touch so I went down” – Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha after the game against Leicester City.

6 March: “I’ve just heard Jamie Carragher saying there was contact and [Christian] Benteke was within his rights to go down. Jamie Carragher is saying that? He’s an ex-pro. Come on. We’ve had decisions ignored this season where Wilf gets completely wiped out” – a funky Alan Pardew after Liverpool’s last-minute penalty winner against Palace on Sunday.**

5th December: "On Saturday (at Newcastle) it was a dive and he's paid the price. He'll learn that lesson. He's not somebody that's renowned for diving, and it is something I personally discourage, I really don't like it in the game. He's had my feelings on it. I've been very, very pleased with him, it's just a tiny aspect of his game he needs to correct".

Tit.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Before the Leeds game, we had not been awarded a penalty at home for two years. Perhaps we should have started a petition about that.

Palace fans were not complaining three seasons ago, when they were being awarded two penalties in virtually every home match…and most of them highly dubious.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Corrected for you. Accurate details about the start of the 'rivalry' are clearly stated here - http://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2011/sep/27/brighton-crystal-palace-rivalry
At the time, it was The Sun that blew it all up into headlines. There was no 'rivalry' before that.

No mention of the The Sun there? Was it a Sun reporter throwing a drink over Mullery? or Sun reporters lobbing smoke bombs?
Were you attending games at this point in history, or reading newspapers even? The events described in the article were the escalation of a milder rivalry, into a fiercer one. There are 40 years after this of incidents, on and off the pitch, that have sustained it.
If you ask the supporters of any club who their most bitter rivals are, Brighton and Palace are amongst only a handful of pairings where the majority of both sets of supporters agree. Others being Ipswich/Norwich, Portsmouth/ Southampton, Millwall/West Ham, Newcastle/Sunderland.
I suspect that you have been insulated from it, maybe you have never been to Selhurst, or seen us play them more than twice, not knocking you for that, and you and Alan Mullery can feel however you want to about Palace, but don't try and tell the rest of us that the rivalry is a fiction, and would not exist without a Headline in the Sun. That is just bollocks

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here