Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
bit harsh
Sorry :(
may I ask why?
It makes it difficult for your eyes to settle on the picture. There are several focal points that aren't necessarily the interesting part of the picture, like the cone. It's gimmicky and it looks like it's been done because it can be done, rather than because it improves the picture. But...
I love shooting in that mode.
Fair enough. If you like the results, don't worry about me :)

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• Pier Sunset.JPG
    Pier Sunset.JPG
    220.1 KB · Views: 188

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Friends of Preston Park held a photo competition this year...we had to submit photos of the park during the seasons and mine won best for the summer section for this photo of the Rockery....chuffed to bits

RG.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Friends of Preston Park held a photo competition this year...we had to submit photos of the park during the seasons and mine won best for the summer section for this photo of the Rockery....chuffed to bits

View attachment 90217

Yet another NSC poll fix? What did they think of your "Seed Catalogue" photos?!!
Put 'kettle on Chuck!!!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Many thanks. The HDR images are all from a single RAW file. I then adjusted the exposures in Apature to create under and over exposures and used Photoshop to merge the files into the HDR image and then played around with the filters etc built into photoshop to create the final image.

Most are made from 3 exposures, I did experiment with 5 exposures as well. I went down the route of working off of a single RAW file as it meant I could shoot handheld and not have to worry about bringing a tripod around with me while wandering the streets of Venice or at a car show where I was also trying to deal with a buggy and 3 kids.

I want to try again with a tripod and creating the under and over exposed images in camera but that takes far more planning and time, something you don't always get when you've got young children.

Blimey - its complicated!! Even Cartier Bresson would've been confused!!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
View attachment 90253

All pictures taken from the same position.
I like the hi-res and the idea. Just a comment, the two on top of each other, would it be better if they were further apart, they don't quite look right, although I am on my mobile. Another composition could be them all returning to shoreham after a mission, would also look good.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Great sky tonight and the Lancing beach fair providing some light for the huts.

Attachments

• 8F237DAC-EBA8-4963-8FB8-ECDC2C038F62.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 134

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Great sky tonight and the Lancing beach fair providing some light for the huts.

Nice photo posted on behalf of Questions taken by him, to test if image would upload. Seems answer is "Yes".

Attachments

• IMG_1693.JPG
    IMG_1693.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 114

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Nice photo posted on behalf of Questions taken by him, to test if image would upload. Seems answer is "Yes".

Thanks Jack. Proves the problem on uploading is on my side. Woudnt do that ride after a a candy floss and a milkshake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here