Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Theresa just needs to put here head down, she hopeless on TV. Not as bad as Andrew Neil but still not good compared to JC who looked chilled out

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If she thought threatening to flounce off is the best plan she would be an idiot.

But that's not she see thinks or said, its just how you see it in your mind.

She has said no deal is better than a bad deal. Is that comment, that hard to understand

Let me make is simple for you. Pretend we have deals 1-10

Deal 1 - The best possible deal of the UK
Deals 2-8 Whatever is inbetween
Deal 9 - NO DEAL
Deal 10 - A poor deal for UK that we could not survive with.

Now, if deal one was threatening to flounce off, you would have a point.

But its not. And you don't. And for me to sum up how a lot of lefties think. You can't see what's in front of you, you see things to fit your agenda.

Don't call me a leftie, you utter braincrumbled ignoramous tit.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Hmm, put a few Bob on her losing if you are confident

Hmm unlikely that anyone would put money on this. In reality anything like the same majority as now is a defeat for the government. With the far right and politically unsure deserting ukip and moving back to Conservative it shows the huge swing to Labour is real. Positive campaign with no gimmicks.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I'll take the top one. Bullshit.

I think we need to have a close look at who uses these food banks and why.

I know only three people who have used them. All have children, all are on the dole, and have no intention of working.

Two of them have cars.

All of them smoke at least 20 per day.

All have decent mobile phones. All have flat screen TVs and subscribe to albeit the basic SKY/VIRGIN TV packages

One of them as I type is on holiday with her two kids in Benidorm.

But they all have used food banks on more than one occasion.

If you are on the street and begging for food to survive, then you NEED food banks.

If you are in a house paid for by the state, out of work, but can afford lifes luxuries, and you use food bank, then you need a ****ing slap.

I would love an indept study just to who uses these food banks and why.

I am sure there are many justified in using them. But I also sure there are a large amount of people who don't need them, and sees banks as another freebie.

Oh, and the whole affordable home issue. Have a look at prices of houses in Brighton in 1997 when Labour came to power, and then in 2010 when they left power. Don't think you can pin that one on the blues.

There are obviously going to be some people who abuse the system.

However I'll go with these guys and their take on it. https://www.trusselltrust.org/

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'll take the top one. Bullshit.

I think we need to have a close look at who uses these food banks and why.

I know only three people who have used them. All have children, all are on the dole, and have no intention of working.

Two of them have cars.

All of them smoke at least 20 per day.

All have decent mobile phones. All have flat screen TVs and subscribe to albeit the basic SKY/VIRGIN TV packages

One of them as I type is on holiday with her two kids in Benidorm.

But they all have used food banks on more than one occasion.

If you are on the street and begging for food to survive, then you NEED food banks.

If you are in a house paid for by the state, out of work, but can afford lifes luxuries, and you use food bank, then you need a ****ing slap.

I would love an indept study just to who uses these food banks and why.

I am sure there are many justified in using them. But I also sure there are a large amount of people who don't need them, and sees banks as another freebie.

Oh, and the whole affordable home issue. Have a look at prices of houses in Brighton in 1997 when Labour came to power, and then in 2010 when they left power. Don't think you can pin that one on the blues.

An in depth study would be beneficial but I don't believe the notion that it's just so people can get 'another freebie'. There will, unfortunately, be people who abuse the system but the data show that 55% of people who are currently living in poverty are working but can't make ends meet.

Re the housing issue, the only way I have been able to afford a house is to move to the West Midlands. I'm a teacher and my other half is a manager for an energy company, so two relatively well paid jobs. The 3 bed semi-detached house we have cost £160,000. I'm not sure what the price is for the same sized property in Burgess Hill (where I'm originally from). The cost of buying and renting means that many young people can't afford to buy their own homes.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Don't call me a leftie, you utter braincrumbled ignoramous tit.
Why wouldn't I call you a leftie, with a response like that, you seem to be acting like one. I was trying to be nice.

Maybe I should just call you an idiot then, because if you genuinely think

"If she thinks threatening to flounce off is the best plan."

that that line is true, then what else are you but an complete idiot?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Seemed to me neither was particularly impressive can't see anyone sitting on the fence being blown away by either of them . Those thinking JC is some sort of new god are totally blinkered by their own lefty views. Likewise those who think TM was a disaster are blinkered as well. It was a dull and even debate.
TBH if this is the best we can put together as potential leaders of our country it's a pretty sad state of affairs.
That said there is only one likely winner here and I expect TM will comfortably win this election.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Believe it or not I am a fence sitter, I was really hoping May would be better than Cameron but since she became PM I really can't vote for her, weak, lying and flaky.
She knows that cap, she won't tell because we all know it will not be popular.
Tonight, nervous, angry, panicking and failed to answer the direct question.
If anyone thought that was PM material tonight then you really need to sort yourself out.
How can anyone vote for someone who oversees increasing child poverty and cutting money for children's education amongst many other things.
Vote for May and hang your head in shame.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Believe it or not I am a fence sitter, I was really hoping May would be better than Cameron but since she became PM I really can't vote for her, weak, lying and flaky.
If anyone thought that was PM material tonight then you really need to sort yourself out.
How can anyone vote for someone who oversees increasing child poverty and cutting money for children's education amongst many other things.

I don't believe it. You already had your mind made up before tonight, but that's OK - nothing wrong with that at all.

We'll file you under "A bit sensitive - suffered a loss" on June 9th and give you some space.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Same as any debate, if you support one, you see it that way. As there seems to be more lefties on the board tonight, and in general, the Corbyn will come out the winner.
As for me, neither Tory or Labour, but letting Corbyn anywhere near our Brexit is madness...in my opinion.

Why you still get your country back, but you are happy for Mrs May to walk away with no deal and tariffs imposed on all imports and exports making us even poorer,

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Incorrect. As I said, the odds have shortened on Betfair over the last half hour (or maybe a shade longer)

By way of nothing more than coincidence*, I had the next PM market open on Betfair around 9:15. May for next PM was 1.14 to back, 1.15 to lay.

Now May is 1.13 to back and 1.14 to lay.

(* - the reason I was looking at this, is May is 1.17 with Bill Hill and I was contemplating tying up some money for the next 10 days or so. For example £5000 backing May at 1.17 with WH and immediately layed off on Betfair for 1.14 will yield a guaranteed profit of c£100 regardless of the outcome. That's a 2% return on capital. Try getting that from a bank.)

I had assumed the time periods would not be accurate, I just wanted to be incredibly partisan to counteract your anti-Corbyn bias.

Betfair now has the odds back at 1.14/1.15. The political commentator verdict is a draw. I was expecting May to slip up more than she did, and will admit she appeared surprisingly assured when receiving questions from the audience. I felt Paxman could have asked better questions for both sides, but Corbyn edged that battle. In reality, these events have little impact on voting intention according to the pollsters. I guess most people who make the effort to sit down for a couple of hours to watch a program like this have already made up their mind. I can't imagine the viewing figures were particularly high. All in all, disaster avoided for both sides, and the result is tonight was a non-event.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You mean these leaving/exit fees that were never mentioned before and, considering the amounts we've paid in previously, are a bloody cheek and an attempt to intimidate us? We aren't reneging on these at all, we're stopping ourselves being mugged.

Project commitments, pensions and contingent liabilities which might well still include payments such as bailout loans to Ireland . You should have read the small print Jim. Besides the U.K. Has already committed to the EU's longer range budget till 2020.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
I did not watch the debate tonight but there seems lots of discussion about Paxman giving Corbyn a harder time than May.

Would be interested in the opinion of people who watched the debate and are fench-sitters if this was true or just left wing moaners?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I did not watch the debate tonight but there seems lots of discussion about Paxman giving Corbyn a harder time than May.

Would be interested in the opinion of people who watched the debate and are fench-sitters if this was true or just left wing moaners?

I'm very anti-May but I thought the whole show was very impartial. Paxman didn't favour either side.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Nobody believes you're a fence sitter!

Aren't you a Labour party member? You've been on these political threads for years professing your hatred for the Conservative party.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Thought May came out better. Weasel Corbyn is just a broken record spouting same old same old, hope he gets annihilated on June 8 as he's totally unfit to govern the country

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here