Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super Thursday Election Special

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm voting for the PCC because it is silly not to, if you can. The Green bloke is the least detestable of them so he gets my vote.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Who wants or needs a police commissioner another highly paid not required post

Last time I spoiled my police commissioner ballot paper. This time I will do the same.

There should be some form of rule - under 20% turnout and the position is abolished.

Fully against the politicisation of the police force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I voted for Katy Bourne she given more technology to police officers in vest cameras and iPhones so they can be more efficient on the beat, also given high profile in help stalking victims. Invested money in the anti children abusers department . I think she deserves another season. You can see her meetings on line with the chief of police. She Far better than having 24 unelected grey suits in charge who we don't know.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is how you do it.

ChtntvkXEAEgy9Y.jpg

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Last time I spoiled my police commissioner ballot paper. This time I will do the same.

There should be some form of rule - under 20% turnout and the position is abolished.

Fully against the politicisation of the police force.

I am inclined to agree and also spoiled mine last time. Had assumed I'd do the same this time, but I've been pondering on a bit of a hypothetical - How would Hillsborough have panned out if there'd been an elected PCC for South Yorkshire in 1989 (who presumably there's a good chance would have been Labour)?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I am inclined to agree and also spoiled mine last time. Had assumed I'd do the same this time, but I've been pondering on a bit of a hypothetical - How would Hillsborough have panned out if there'd been an elected PCC for South Yorkshire in 1989 (who presumably there's a good chance would have been Labour)?

Good call. But, I'd say the same slimey politician would be trying to say that nothing had happened on their watch. A more powerful IPCC would have flushed out the wrong 'uns.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Popped down to our polling station. I was the only voter present and the staff said it had been desperately quiet.
To get there I had to drive past two other polling stations, one only a mile from home. However when, a few years ago, they closed our local polling station just 600 yards away, they relocated to a site some 3 miles distant on the very edge of the ward. With no bus services available anyone without a car is effectively disenfranchised. It has however turned a safe Labour ward into a Tory seat on the council on a turnover last time out of less than 15%. I suspect today will be even lower.

Postal voting is the way to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here