Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has Zamora done to upset Chris???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Zamora starting the match gives defenders something to think about
In the recent games where he hasn't started teams have pressured us knowing only Hemed is up front
We need him to start v Wolves with Wilson

Yes! Brilliant.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Bob was fit enough to play 30+ minutes, and did NOT look tired at the end of the game. His 'slight injury' (laughable phrase) was NOT in evidence. I trust my eyes. You trust the club's BS attempt to cover the selection error. If that makes you a better supporter (it doesn't), then you're welcome to it.

And, as per my previous post, I have carried on posting on here / praising and criticising the club as I see fit, throughout both good and bad times. So, basically, you are posting utter, utter inaccurate sh1t.

Yes, I trust that the manager does not lie to as you put it "cover up a selection error". I trust the club and management who see players in training and speak to the medical staff. If you choose to believe Chris Hughton lied when talking about Zamora, that's a sad reflection on you and your lack of trust for the club.

In terms of overstating the importance of NSC, I was replying to a post claiming that it was criticism that had inspired the team to improve, which is complete rubbish.

As for your posting, you may come on here when we're doing well but you certainly jump at the chance to criticise when things start to go less well.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, I trust that the manager does not lie to as you put it "cover up a selection error". I trust the club and management who see players in training and speak to the medical staff. If you choose to believe Chris Hughton lied when talking about Zamora, that's a sad reflection on you and your lack of trust for the club.

In terms of overstating the importance of NSC, I was replying to a post claiming that it was criticism that had inspired the team to improve, which is complete rubbish.

As for your posting, you may come on here when we're doing well but you certainly jump at the chance to criticise when things start to go less well.

I'm not claiming a lie, I'm claiming a mistake, then a piece of BS. Lickers like you then swallow the BS like you always do. Moronic.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm not claiming a lie, I'm claiming a mistake, then a piece of BS. Lickers like you then swallow the BS like you always do. Moronic.

I can see you have no case when you resort to pathetic comments like moronic and lickers. How anyone can imagine that they know more about a players readiness to start based on half an hour on the pitch and them "not looking tired at the end" than a manager/staff who watch them in training, speak to the medical staff and speak to the players themselves is beyond me. And then you have the temerity to call my comment moronic. You couldn't make it up.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I can see you have no case when you resort to pathetic comments like moronic and lickers. How anyone can imagine that they know more about a players readiness to start based on half an hour on the pitch and them "not looking tired at the end" than a manager/staff who watch them in training, speak to the medical staff and speak to the players themselves is beyond me. And then you have the temerity to call my comment moronic. You couldn't make it up.

Exactly. These players train, they are monitored, the manager his team and the players talk...... i reckon Hughton has a pretty good idea about Bobby's fitness and capabilities.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's always laughable to see you get angry with the club and "not claiming a lie, I'm claiming a mistake, then a piece of BS" by the club (I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between lying and BS), given how you accused me of painting a very negative view of the senior management at the club when I said I couldn't say whether I would have sold Barnes as I didn't know enough about what we had offered him, what we could afford, what he wanted etc.

Except, KLL kick-started our season / record-breaking start to the season. And was the injury because he started games, or could it have happened if he came on as a sub? So where is your argument?

Yes, he did very well. But now we haven't seen him for more than three months. In previous seasons, he has managed to do well when coming on as a sub, and being used sparingly. He could have been providing more firepower and threat in games through October, November and December.

He has also been injured when used too often in previous seasons. Given that history I find it far more probable that had he not played every game through August and into late mid-September he would not have been injured, than it is that this injury would have occurred regardless.

No, I can't prove that, but then, people can't prove if we'd have started with Zamora on Tuesday night that the game would have panned out any differently. Yet you're convinced Hughton got it wrong and is now BS-ing, painting a very negative picture of our Senior management.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You point the finger without any proof. I've had my fair share of moans which you choose to ignore.

Well done TB... didn't mention you, did I?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Again, you just can't see past the club's PR BS... that, dear Sir, is moronic...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. These players train, they are monitored, the manager his team and the players talk...... i reckon Hughton has a pretty good idea about Bobby's fitness and capabilities.

So do I, but he can still make a mistake...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's always laughable to see you get angry with the club and "not claiming a lie, I'm claiming a mistake, then a piece of BS" by the club (I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between lying and BS), given how you accused me of painting a very negative view of the senior management at the club when I said I couldn't say whether I would have sold Barnes as I didn't know enough about what we had offered him, what we could afford, what he wanted etc.

Yes, he did very well. But now we haven't seen him for more than three months. In previous seasons, he has managed to do well when coming on as a sub, and being used sparingly. He could have been providing more firepower and threat in games through October, November and December.

He has also been injured when used too often in previous seasons. Given that history I find it far more probable that had he not played every game through August and into late mid-September he would not have been injured, than it is that this injury would have occurred regardless.

No, I can't prove that, but then, people can't prove if we'd have started with Zamora on Tuesday night that the game would have panned out any differently. Yet you're convinced Hughton got it wrong and is now BS-ing, painting a very negative picture of our Senior management.

It's just my OPINION. I believe I have made that clear (sorry if NOT). I THINK Hughton made a mistake NOT starting Bobby instead of the way, way off the boil Tomer. IMHO, we lost the initiative by offering virtually zero threat at the start of the game. IMHO, if Bobby is fit enough to come on at the end of the game, then he is fit enough to start. Saying Bobby has a 'slight injury' is, IMHO, intelligence insulting.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's just my OPINION. I believe I have made that clear (sorry if NOT). I THINK Hughton made a mistake NOT starting Bobby instead of the way, way off the boil Tomer. IMHO, we lost the initiative by offering virtually zero threat at the start of the game. IMHO, if Bobby is fit enough to come on at the end of the game, then he is fit enough to start. Saying Bobby has a 'slight injury' is, IMHO, intelligence insulting.

The alternative argument is that Zamora can have more impact when the opposition is leggy and giving him more space.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Your opinion is very valid and maybe Hughton did get it wrong, but as i stated on another thread, i believe that Crofts was brought in to protect Goldson on his first full game, in hindsight it was not needed, which meant effectively playing with one striker. Bobby doing a lone job from the start may have been to much if he is carrying a niggle, with Wilson not to well it was a gamble to lose another striker through injury. Bringing Bobby and Wilson on meant that Bobby could feed Wilson...it nearly came off.
Hemed had done all the donkey work by then.
I would love to see Bobby start, play 90mins, he may well do but could then be rested or injured for the next game. Hughton has gambled fairly well up til now imo.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
The alternative argument is that Zamora can have more impact when the opposition is leggy and giving him more space.

This is how I see it. Recent sub performances by BZ gave no indication of any big impact when he played. Further and let us get this right, he did not score a goal did he. He had a good effort which hit the bar. BZ is a legend but I would not criticise not starting him against Ipswich. He is far more likely to have impact against tiring defenders.

If he starts and in the usual cat and mouse of this division he may not have the same impact.

It is a marginal decision.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This is how I see it. Recent sub performances by BZ gave no indication of any big impact when he played. Further and let us get this right, he did not score a goal did he. He had a good effort which hit the bar. BZ is a legend but I would not criticise not starting him against Ipswich. He is far more likely to have impact against tiring defenders.

If he starts and in the usual cat and mouse of this division he may not have the same impact.

It is a marginal decision.

Yep. If he was starting in a 442 it would make sense, but as a lone striker up front on his own in a 433 from the start it wouldn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here