Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Oh well another moan ends as pay rises overtake inflation and the jobless total drops again
Amazing, truly remarkable ignorance, arrogance and insensitivity all in one sentence. You really are a piece of work.

larus

It most certainly didn't. The rate of growth halved, GDP itself didn't

That must be the looniest untruth told on here for a day at least. Gee whizz.

You are by far the best Brexit poster on here

Only a complete fool wouldn’t realise that what was meant was GDP growth rate.

I wasn’t aware you needed things spoon fed to you. Oh well.

Let me make it 100% clear then. The RATE of GDP growth in Germany has halved in the first quarter.

** By the way, no need to refer to any numerator/denominator for this stat ** cough

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Let me make it 100% clear then. The RATE of GDP growth in Germany has halved in the first quarter.

** By the way, no need to refer to any numerator/denominator for this stat ** cough

We should make it a graph then someone else can join in :wink:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Ah, but the problem is that the self-appointed leaders of the NSC Brexit intellectuals' society have spent the past two years trading semantics on here, picking up and shaking typos and opaque comments about Eurozones and recessions with all the pompous joy of a QC nailing the murderer in court no 1. Generally, they are allowed to get away with their own slips of the tongue, even when one of them announced the other day that the EU is running a deficit with the UK. But occasionally, when the sun is shining...

larus

Ah, but the problem is that the self-appointed leaders of the NSC Brexit intellectuals' society have spent the past two years trading semantics on here, picking up and shaking typos and opaque comments about Eurozones and recessions with all the pompous joy of a QC nailing the murderer in court no 1. Generally, they are allowed to get away with their own slips of the tongue, even when one of them announced the other day that the EU is running a deficit with the UK. But occasionally, when the sun is shining...

There’s a difference between stating something (and making an assumption that people would understand) and making lies (as per the recession from the Clamp).

With respect, you do yourself you make yourself look as bad as them if you really think the 2 are comparable.

There’s no point with this thread really. No one has changed their mind (contrary to what nicko31 has claimed he is experiencing in his ‘life’). You get the usual people on both sides making the same statements, and the remainers trying to be sanctimonious as though they occupy the intellectual/moral high ground.

I only stop by every few days as there is no reasoned debate on here - and people wonder why politics is the way it is!!!!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Oh go on! You clearly didn't MEAN that German GDP had halved but I just can't accept you were intentionally 'making an assumption' that people would understand what you actually meant.

It was a mistake. A simple typo. No problem with that. Led to the briefest flurry of ribbing. I rarely join in such things - hate name-calling and too conscious of my own frailties - but I must say your reaction surprises me.

(PS. I haven't followed the Clamp recession thing but if somewhen said that we were in a recession when we palpably and obviously aren't can it really be characterised as a lie, an attempt to mislead? Just asking.)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Jan 30, 2008
So, god knows how many posts on, we are all agreed that the EU introduces some good legislation, sometimes.

(Except for [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] obviously :lolol:)

Now let's draw a line under that and get back to the question of the day. What is everyone's preferred option, Customs Partnership or Max-fac (the technology one)

And, since the EU have already said no to both, even the one that doesn't exist yet, does it make any difference ?

Today's the day the cabinet report back, so it will all become clear won't it ?

Tick tock
yep, bye bye EU
regards
DR

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

'I ****ed up' was the phrase you were searching for.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People need to realise the difference between not being on jobseekers and being employed. Over a long enough time line as sanctions and forced employment kick in, the number will fall. It's Tory rhetoric and as usual the Leavers suck it up, just as they sucked up Leave lies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see that GDP halved in Germany in Q1 2018. Must be Brexit.

Of course, it wouldn't happen in Germany :lol:

Maybe it’s the weather, or whatever ridiculous excuse the U.K. posted for their dismal downward figures. :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I see that GDP halved in Germany in Q1 2018. Must be Brexit.

Of course, it wouldn't happen in Germany :lol:

Ha. You really have become the laughing stock of NSC. I'd almost admire if you made stuff up but you just plain get things wrong. Oh dear. Dear oh dear.

And afore ye trot out your fallback "You said we are in a recession" line, I never did say that. I said we are heading for one. We are. The signs are there. Some sector are already heavily in recession. Building trade for example.

Please keep posting your material. It's genius, as is the support you get from NSC's finest Far Right arsehat PPF/Das Reich

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here