Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Win on Friday and we're safe

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Agreed. Yes sometimes we have been very defensive away from home but it is a policy that has by and large worked. I don't think anyone can really accuse us of not attacking the opposition at the Amex. Contrary to what some people are saying, there's been some great entertainment.

Agreed. Albion scored 74 goals last season and won 28 games, playing almost entirely 4-4-2 home and away. He didn't storm the Championship for two seasons in a row playing ultra defensive football. (although we were well organised as well)
The very idea that you can just take all that into the Premier league , actually stay up, and throw caution to the wind is ridiculous. Hughton has smartly deployed the resources at his disposal. Leading to the odd 3-0, 4-1, 3-1 victory along the way.
I've really no idea what "go for it" or be "ambitious" actually means. Its not like he's got legions of better, quicker, exciting players sitting on the bench or unused in the squad waiting to be deployed is it ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So 36 points (with our GD ) was definitely enough. Could even be 33 if Stoke beat Swans and West Brom fail to win. 33 points!!
We would have been safe 2 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My joy is complete. I have a young grandson, who listened to schoolmates, despite his Mum & Dad, and myself telling him that you support your local team, saying Man Utd were the best.
So I took a photo of the screen after the game, and tagged him. He now says it will be fun to come to the Amex with us next season.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
My joy is complete. I have a young grandson, who listened to schoolmates, despite his Mum & Dad, and myself telling him that you support your local team, saying Man Utd were the best.
So I took a photo of the screen after the game, and tagged him. He now says it will be fun to come to the Amex with us next season.

Always remind him of his intial denial of Brighton. Especially on his 18th Birthday.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

chicken dinner!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So 36 points (with our GD ) was definitely enough. Could even be 33 if Stoke beat Swans and West Brom fail to win. 33 points!!
We would have been safe 2 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. I knew we were safe after the point at Burnley, that's when I stopped worrying. The number of teams below us who would have to have played way better than they'd managed all season in order to catch us was too many. Turns out I was a bit pessimistic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here