[Music] Best Punk Rock Song ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Keep guessing. You have no idea what I am into [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I wasn't guessing, just taking the mickey out of your repeat posting of the same message about my cluelessness...

Anyway...I need to move on from the late 70s....thinking about that era brings back feelings of irritation, and thankfulness of the present, in equal measure. :thumbsup:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I wasn't guessing, just taking the mickey out of your repeat posting of the same message about my cluelessness...

Anyway...I need to move on from the late 70s....thinking about that era brings back feelings of irritation, and thankfulness of the present, in equal measure. [emoji106]
Fair enough [emoji6] [emoji106]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One of the ultimate punk bands must be The Saints, who released their first single 'I'm Stranded' before the Pistols or The Clash, in 1976.

They were from Brisbane, Australia. They were not hanging on anyone's coat tails, they were utterly unique for their time and their place. And they were magnificent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWeX65b5dOk

Saw them at the Roundhouse supporting the Ramones. Brilliant....but...long hair :shrug::wozza::rolleyes::lolol::rock:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Agreed

1st album-pure punk,absolute stonker,every track a winner,OK Police & Thieves not punk

Give em enough rope-still punk,English civil war,tommy gun

London Calling was the crossover point for me

My favourite 2 Clash songs Complete Control & White Man in Hammersmith,pretty mild punk really

I think the best Clash punk song is White Riot

Tommy Gun for me is their best punk song but the best song they ever did, and one of my top 4 songs of all time is White Man in Hammersmith Palais.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Top three punk singles for me were, in no particular order:

The Mekons - Where Were You?
The Clash - Complete Control
The Adverts- One Chord Wonders

Good post. For a while I didn't really give a toss. I liked the shitty little bands the best, espcially if they were a bit weird or mad. Here are three of my faves from the punk era. I have two of the three on vinyl still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFJ71w_ez6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2i1wROAgkk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sehOKE4vNGE

punk::kiss:

Of the three, the Thomas Leer kicks the most arse for me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can’t believe no one has listed The Skids

Saw them at the Marquee, New Year's eve, 1977.

R.I.P Stuart, 16 and a half years. :(

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Minor Threat - Filler

G G Allin - Bite It You Scum

Poison Idea - Plastic Bomb

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Good post. For a while I didn't really give a toss. I liked the shitty little bands the best, espcially if they were a bit weird or mad.

Were you living in Faversham in the punk years? If so, you'd have prob have been to see The Ripsnorters. Or Nick Hughes' band Cenetrox in Sittingbourne. Or maybe even ventured into the big bad Medway Towns and seen the likes of me...

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I lived this era. Sex Pistols cannot be argued but for me the Stranglers but they were not really punk far too accomplished for that

Actually being able to play their instruments extremely well shouldn't exclude them from the honour of best punk band. Aside from the obvious musical talent they had all the other punk attributes in spades. Moody, aggressive, always getting into fights, kidnapping journalists, and even their hardcore fans were hells angels.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Interesting comment.

I'm sure that teenagers would agree as that has always been the way, that the younger generation always believe that their music is better than their parents.

The advancement of digital recording and autotune no doubt has played a part in improving music, however I firmly believe there has always been good and bad music by generations depending on personal taste.

Are Little Mix better than the Bay City Rollers, possibly, are they better than Pink Floyd, no. However no doubt someone who prefers catchy 3 minute 'pop' songs would disagree.

I don't listen to nearly as much new music as I used to, but the surprising thing is that although I dislike the stuff my son likes from todays groups he has been asking for recommendations from my collection, as he discovers music from yesteryear.

Just off now to listen to some new music - Construction Time & Demolition :rock:punk::lol:

No one was better than the Bay City Rollers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here