Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Women Talking

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Just to challenge the stereotype slightly, there are two men who sit behind me at the Amex who will talk incessantly about this, that and the other, in fact about anything other than the game that’s going on in front of them. I, on the other hand, am a woman who cannot abide small talk, I just don’t see the point. Perhaps I am a bit of a bloke, in a boozy, football loving kind of way. I wonder if it’s a common trait that other football loving women tend to talk less? Hmmm...

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It never ceases to amaze me how women phone each other up "for a chat". Never in all my days have I EVER picked up the phone to call a mate for a general chat, and if anyone I know ever did, I'd probably hang up. Like any normal man, I only use the phone when ABSOLUTELY necessary, and will avoid it if at all possible. Arrangements for pub/football etc can quite easily be done within half a dozen words in a text message. I'm perfectly at ease with saving the chat for when we're actually face to face. Why would I want conversation outside of that ? Weird.

Absolutely this. Having moved around a bit i have mates in various places. A few insist on calling for a catch up every so often. Bloody hate it, i find talking on the phone so tedious

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In all my 49 years I don't recall my wife or any of my previous girlfriends EVER losing their voice or being unable to speak.

I've witnessed a whole list of aches, pains and illnesses affecting every other part of the body, but never any ailment that has prevented them from talking.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Just to challenge the stereotype slightly, there are two men who sit behind me at the Amex who will talk incessantly about this, that and the other, in fact about anything other than the game that’s going on in front of them. I, on the other hand, am a woman who cannot abide small talk, I just don’t see the point. Perhaps I am a bit of a bloke, in a boozy, football loving kind of way. I wonder if it’s a common trait that other football loving women tend to talk less? Hmmm...

Yep I am the same and find it difficult to listen to people chit chatting, I realised I was different though when I having my hair cut and noticed I was reading “when Saturday comes” and all the other customers were reading “heat”, “hello” and other type of innate fame type magazines.

The thing is that men don’t realise that once they turn a certain age many of them change from being child like to miserable duckers. Sometimes my husband starts a rant and it does not stop. I’m like, “for duck sake shut up. have your listened to yourself?” I am very happy and want him to talk to me if he has a serious worry, but not if someone has parked their car close to our drive or our daughter leaves a sock on the floor and on and on ....,

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It doesn’t bother me that women chat for hours. What I found astonishing however was the critical term of mansplaning introduced by third wave feminists recently to suggest that men often expain things to women. Oh my, the hypocrisy.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It doesn’t bother me that women chat for hours. What I found astonishing however was the critical term of mansplaning introduced by third wave feminists recently to suggest that men often expain things to women. Oh my, the hypocrisy.

There is also the concept of 'manspreading'.

Watch this video and your blood will boil. Again, the hypocrisy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQglZPVmoo8

Whenever I'm using public transport, it seems to be the women taking up more space, legs crossed over and their bags having their own seat.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In all my 49 years I don't recall my wife or any of my previous girlfriends EVER losing their voice or being unable to speak.

I've witnessed a whole list of aches, pains and illnesses affecting every other part of the body, but never any ailment that has prevented them from talking.

My wife once spent 10 minutes describing her sore throat to me in minute detail before finishing with “I swear I’m going to lose my voice”. Never actually happened though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
If by some horrible chain of circumstances my noise-cancelling headphones aren't available - or if the talkers sit right next to me - I do find it annoying on the train when people won't stop talking. The ones on the phones are usually the worst; occasionally there will be someone talking non-stop for an hour on the way in to London at 6:30 AM, with just a brief respite for the tunnels.

Occasionally I get surrounded by Spanish people going to Gatwick, who are the most impressive talkers: three of them will all talk together without a pause at the same time all the way from Victoria. Can they hear what the others say whilst they are talking? I guess so. Spanish sounds worse to me because I can't tell (generally) where the words start and stop so it just sounds like a constant wall of sound.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
There is also the concept of 'manspreading'.

Watch this video and your blood will boil. Again, the hypocrisy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQglZPVmoo8

Whenever I'm using public transport, it seems to be the women taking up more space, legs crossed over and their bags having their own seat.

Indeed. It also ignores biology, I would love to start a campaign saying women take up more hip and chest room.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
My mum loved to talk constantly to me at the dinner table when I'd come home from work as an apprentice. I just wanted to sit and eat the food she'd cooked for me..
She died of cancer in 1987 when I was 21.
I'd give anything to have her talk to me now.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

About 20 years ago my mother in law lost her voice so badly that she could barely croak and talking caused he considerable pain. However, she STILL rang Mrs H for a chat. Mrs H spent 20 minutes with the mute button pressed laughing hysterically

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A short while after me and a 'professional talker' split up we met up again.

She started talking, I listened intently.
I then had an epiphany and thought 'wow I know longer have to listen to this'.
She carried on.
Eventually silence fell on the room, and I was clear I was required to answer.
I had a 50/50 chance and said 'no'.

It took me about a week for trawling through my subconscious, before I finally 'heard' the question.

'shall we get back together?'

I'd have said yes if I was listening. :lol: :facepalm:
You're laughing, but this seems like quite a sad tale :(

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

Yep I am the same and find it difficult to listen to people chit chatting, I realised I was different though when I having my hair cut and noticed I was reading “when Saturday comes” and all the other customers were reading “heat”, “hello” and other type of innate fame type magazines

Yep, same here.

Mr P however can rabbit for England:bla::bla::bla::bla::lolol:

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
I've noticed that when couple's are interviewed on the tv it is generally the woman who does most of the talking.

Women basically talk,protest,march,lobby,and get things done.Women's rights etc.
Men just sit back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here